Author Topic: TCS:TAW Book Description  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
TCS:TAW Book Description
« on: March 05, 2015, 12:37:25 AM »
Book Description:
Jim Butcher, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Dresden Files and the Codex Alera novels, conjures up a new series set in a fantastic world of noble families, steam-powered technology, and magic-wielding warriors…

Since time immemorial, the Spires have sheltered humanity, towering for miles over the mist-shrouded surface of the world. Within their halls, aristocratic houses have ruled for generations, developing scientific marvels, fostering trade alliances, and building fleets of airships to keep the peace.

Captain Grimm commands the merchant ship, Predator. Fiercely loyal to Spire Albion, he has taken their side in the cold war with Spire Aurora, disrupting the enemy’s shipping lines by attacking their cargo vessels. But when the Predator is severely damaged in combat, leaving captain and crew grounded, Grimm is offered a proposition from the Spirearch of Albion—to join a team of agents on a vital mission in exchange for fully restoring Predator to its fighting glory.

And even as Grimm undertakes this dangerous task, he will learn that the conflict between the Spires is merely a premonition of things to come. Humanity’s ancient enemy, silent for more than ten thousand years, has begun to stir once more. And death will follow in its wake…

Am I the only one underwhelmed?  I mean, not a single mention of a talking cat.  WHAT ARE WE HERE FOR?!?!

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: TCS:TAW Book Description
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 02:21:06 PM »
Am I the only one underwhelmed?  I mean, not a single mention of a talking cat.  WHAT ARE WE HERE FOR?!?!
Did you really think the cats would permit that kind of publicity? ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Fox

• Posty McPostington
  • RIP Fox Sticking-Tongue out Profile Pic- 2007-2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 10:32:16 PM »
Not that I think this will happen, but when I read "humanity's ancient enemy" I thought of the Vord.  Then I thought of an eventual crossover with Alera.  Oh, let me tell you.  For a few moments, the visions in my mind were glorious. ;D
Pew pew PEW!

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:23:53 PM »
Did you really think the cats would permit that kind of publicity? ;)
In a word... indubitably.

Not that I think this will happen, but when I read "humanity's ancient enemy" I thought of the Vord.  Then I thought of an eventual crossover with Alera.  Oh, let me tell you.  For a few moments, the visions in my mind were glorious. ;D
As long as the Vord isn't another name for Outsiders, and ancient enemy isn't as well.  ;)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 05:35:57 PM »
In a word... indubitably.
As long as the Vord isn't another name for Outsiders, and ancient enemy isn't as well.  ;)
Oh, no, Vord are quite different from Outsiders.  Not as much from Zerg, but then Zerg are pretty awesome
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 07:46:16 PM »
Humanity’s ancient enemy, silent for more than ten thousand years, has begun to stir once more. And death will follow in its wake…

Oh cool, a vord-packed steampunk sequel to Codex Alera!

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 01:03:34 PM »
Not literally a sequel or anything, not the same world or magic or anything, but ya, awesomeness will abound
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline vietnamabc

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 02:16:35 PM »
Will there be building-burning?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 03:57:26 PM »
Will there be building-burning?
Apparently there is a talking cat mafia with oppposable thumbs and access to matches...So Yes :D
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 10:53:13 AM »
And it will definitely be their fault ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kai Yoat

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 06:30:26 PM »
i am excited for this!