Author Topic: Codex Alera Timeline  (Read 95454 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Alera Timeline
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
Fwiw, the 15 years side may be a little  suspect.  Isana was trying to pass tavi off as younger than he was for a long time. And that line about Araris had struck me as referring to his branding and becoming Fade, which happened later, though I cannot recall how much later.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline morvegil

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2011, 05:20:18 AM »
"Roman 17th, 18th and 19th Legions plus Germanic opponents sent to Carna"

Umm whered you find this info?

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2011, 05:28:30 AM »
"Roman 17th, 18th and 19th Legions plus Germanic opponents sent to Carna"

Umm whered you find this info?
Probably from the fact that CA is based on Lost Roman Legion (and Pokemon), and...yeah.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline suzibug61

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2011, 03:16:25 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, so I thought I would. Tavi was born the same night (or there abouts) that his father, Septimus, was killed at First Calderon. Isana, in fear of people realizing who he  was, did a water crafting on him to slow his developement...this in turn caused him to look smaller/younger. She did this so that no one would associate him and Septimus when he was older and looked like him. It also caused his furies to come in late. Isana states in one of the books (I am not exactly sure which one at the moment, I think it may have been Captain's Fury after Tavi tells them who he is) that she didn't realize that it would effect his fury development.

Septimus was stationed at the Cadleron Valley for quite a while (he had to have been , he married and knocked up Isana, and then died around the time Tavi was born).

Kitai is also fifteen, as she exclaims during her and Tavi's Trial of Wits at the wax forest when he still thinks that she is a he. That was one of my all time favorite parts..."You're...your 're a GIRL!!"  hahahaha. So they are pretty uch the same age, give or take a few months Im sure.

Good timeline tho! I have read the series once already and I am currently listening to it while I am at work. The second time around is even better!    ;)

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2011, 12:40:41 AM »
Probably from the fact that CA is based on Lost Roman Legion (and Pokemon), and...yeah.
I thought it was only one legion that ended up in Carna?
Some people are like slinkies; they're utterly useless, yet you can't help but smile as they fall down the stairs.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2011, 01:32:52 AM »

Offline JoshuaLee

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »
is there somewhere I can find a finished version of the timeline plese help

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2012, 11:22:05 PM »
I thought it was only one legion that ended up in Carna?

It was. What's the problem?
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2012, 02:32:11 AM »
is there somewhere I can find a finished version of the timeline plese help

I don't have a finished version, but feel free to ask here, or send me a private message with your question, and I'll do my best to get you an answer.

Offline Alera808

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2012, 04:59:24 AM »
It also shows araris remembering it when isana was healing him.... it took place the night septimus was killed which was during the first battle of Calderon. Which was 15 years before the second battle of Calderon.

Sorry for framer and misspells

Offline Stantz

• Conversationalist
  • "I have this problem with buildings..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »
I was browsing through my old books and reading a few parts of this series again, but I was wondering, there used to be some backstory on this forum about how the legion got to alera, something about greek doctors and literacy and I think something about the other races that the alerans wiped out, but I can't find any of it, did anyone save it?

It was kind of interesting and I thought it made a neat footnote to the series.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:22:41 PM by Stantz »
...everything was going great - that is, until he fought the devil.
___

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2012, 11:38:46 PM »
I was browsing through my old books and reading a few parts of this series again, but I was wondering, there used to be some backstory on this forum about how the legion got to alera, something about greek doctors and literacy and I think something about the other races that the alerans wiped out, but I can't find any of it, did anyone save it?

It was kind of interesting and I thought it made a neat footnote to the series.
The Idea of how they got there was that Carna was a dumping ground for phenomena like the burmuda triangle from planets all over, that stranded various races in this one little backwater melting pot.  The exception being the Vord, that crashed in a spaceship (the Wax Forrest was in the landing crater).  Some of the races were mentioned in FLF

If its still anywhere around here, its probably in the WOJ section
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain