Author Topic: My Suicide Squad as Monster Hunters - what do you think?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Tirs

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
My Suicide Squad as Monster Hunters - what do you think?
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:32:32 PM »
Question for people who know DC-verse well.
If Suicide Squad, including:
Deathstroke
Deadshot
Harlequin
King Shark
Bane
Riddler
Poison Ivy
will work in Dresden-verse as monster hunters, how successful they can be? 
RPG of my dreams: vampires from True Blood, mages from Dresden files, werewolves from Mercy Thompson and fairy from... Hm,I shall think.

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
Re: My Suicide Squad as Monster Hunters - what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:09:14 PM »
Were you wanting Monsters hunting Monsters? Either way, that's basically every DFRPG game. I think it would work well.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Tirs

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 03:26:24 PM »
May be... Smt like From Dusk 'till Down. But considering power level of this "heroes", who is the strongest thing they can defeat?
RPG of my dreams: vampires from True Blood, mages from Dresden files, werewolves from Mercy Thompson and fairy from... Hm,I shall think.

Offline gojj

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 08:36:51 PM »
May be... Smt like From Dusk 'till Down. But considering power level of this "heroes", who is the strongest thing they can defeat?
It's also a bit difficult to judge their powers and abilities since they can shift from writer to writer, but I would say that as a group they are just as, if not more, capable than the group put together in Skin Game. I would say they could put up a good fight against almost anyone/anything baring Outsiders, the six Queens, and similarly powered people.

It would be fun playing a game where everyone was an anti-hero, I think it's a good idea.

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:48:20 PM »
It's also a bit difficult to judge their powers and abilities since they can shift from writer to writer, but I would say that as a group they are just as, if not more, capable than the group put together in Skin Game. I would say they could put up a good fight against almost anyone/anything baring Outsiders, the six Queens, and similarly powered people.

It would be fun playing a game where everyone was an anti-hero, I think it's a good idea.

I've never run a true villain game, but I've played games with a few villainous PCs who were part of the main group but had much different agendas with the end goal McGuffin. They ended up playing against each other in subtle ways. At the end of this particular campaign, the villainous PCs ended up getting their way through sheer trickery, a move that cost two PCs their lives. The thing is, the other PCs knew about the different agendas. They just weren't prepared for the Machiavellian scheming.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »
I've played a few 'evil' campaigns.  They are fun.  Although, we often had to 'skip town' or, otherwise, spent time breaking out of jail.  Good times.

I don't really like playing games where the PC's have differing agendas - or at least, agendas that are opposing.  It's fun to have a loyal but greedy/villainous group.

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »
One of the Players in the Montreal-based Dresden game that I'm in is playing a Dryad Changeling based on Poison Ivy, in a love triangle with a human psychologist based on Harley Quinn and a White Court Vampire named Jacques Napier, based on the Joker.  These were her beginning stats:

Character Name:   Dr Pamela "Poison Ivy" Isley

High Concept:   Half-Dryad Scientist
Trouble Aspect:   Jacques and the Beanstalk
Background Aspect: I'm a lover, not a fighter
Rising Conflict: Harlequin Romance
Aspect 1: Vicious Nature
Aspect 2: Loves them and leaves
Aspect 3: Home Turf Advantage

Skills
Superb (+5): Conviction, Discipline
Great (+4): Deceit (Incite Emotion +6), Rapport
Good: Presence, Scholarship (Biology +4, Botany +5)   
Fair: Alertness, Athletics, Survival
Average: Contacts, Empathy, Endurance, Lore, Stealth

Cost   Powers & Stunts
-3   Sponsored Magic: Faerie, Channeling (plant control) & Thaumaturgy to control plants, trees & vegetation
-3   Incite Emotion(Lust),Ranged, Lasting
-2   Inhuman Recovery Heal wounds at one level lower, Endurance never restricts, heal mild wounds once per scene
-2   Inhuman Toughness Armor 1, +2 physical stress
+3   The Catch: Iron, Trappings of Winter, Fire
-1   Demesne: Woodland base (on her Home turf, declarations auto-succeed, Discipline is used to roll scene aspects  or to  attack intruders

-1   Scientist: +1 biology, +2 botany

-9   Total Adjusted Refresh

Stress:   
Physical OOO[OO] armor 1, Mental OOOO 1 extra Mild, Social OOOO
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:39:02 PM by Shaft »