Author Topic: Ravati Aziz and the Terror of Twelvety Town  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Ravati Aziz and the Terror of Twelvety Town
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:24:17 AM »
Just uploaded a revised version of my novella.  In addition to the revisions, I've added a historical timeline and a pretty extensive glossary.

Captain Ravati Aziz has guarded caravans, stormed bandit palisades, and navigated the treacherous shoals of the New League's fledgling bureaucracy. She's overcome the dangers the colony of Ayeden has thrown at her as her world gradually recovers from an ancient war.

But now, Ravati faces the greatest challenge of her career, a threat which could derail the efforts to unify Ayeden's scattered communities: Shaifennen Roehe, the Terror of Twelvety Town.

The songs say that Shaifennen doesn't ride a horse, but a tame grumper. They say she can sing skizzers to sleep and kill snow-devils with just a bit of magic string and a poisoned apple. Shaifennen's fought off bandits and strong-arm boys, put the Trader Families in their place... along with anybody else who wanted to rob the people who call the old Number Twelve Mine "home."

Now, Shaifennen's on her way to Greenline Town with a wagonload of relics and tech from the war, and a chip the size of a steam tractor on her shoulder. Surely Ravati can keep a fifteen year old girl from causing too much trouble...

http://www.amazon.com/Ravati-Aziz-Terror-Twelvety-Town-ebook/dp/B00GZEDSIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420414604&sr=8-1&keywords=ravati+aziz

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ravati-aziz-and-the-terror-of-twelvety-town-j-kenton-pierce/1120996924?ean=2940148864103

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Ravati Aziz and the Terror of Twelvety Town
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 12:29:27 AM »

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:33:07 AM »
You should all give it a read!  I bought the unrevised edition and it was fun!
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:41:51 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, Blaze!  Be sure to re-download it...  I've learned a hell of a lot since I uploaded the original edition.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 08:25:28 AM »
It's an awesome story.  I do highly recommend it.
The kid's got major talent.
(The one doing the writing not the one with the chip on her shoulder.) ::)

Just wishing my Kindle hadn't gone belly up - now can't download the newer version
of the story or even get at the older version of it.
Grumble, fudge, mutter. :( :(
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:27:13 AM by Snowleopard »