Author Topic: DFRPG Kansas City Campaign Ideas  (Read 1716 times)

Offline JohnDKBalman

• Participant
    • View Profile
DFRPG Kansas City Campaign Ideas
« on: December 20, 2014, 05:31:27 AM »
I'm a NEWB ( see their with capital letters ) to table top rpgs.
But the The Dresden Files has me hook and I'm about caught up with the book series.

I'm currently trying to thinking up some kewl ideas for what the supernatural face of Kansas City would be.
I'm wanting to have some ideas ready for when I can talk some of my friends into playing the game next month.

Kansas City has recent gotten Power and Light ( clubs, bars , Entertainment)
I'm currently debating on how the White or Red Courts could be involved with the this behind the scenes.

I'm also wanting to play off the fact that Missouri River cross throw Kansas City creating the North and South halves. Still not sure where I could take that Supernaturally thought yet.

This doesn't even count the fact the Kansas City is the hub to the west a crossroads in sense.

Kansas City does have its own history of mob so I'm sure I can tie that into it also.

Theirs also a lot of Cave networks around this area that could be fun to work with.

Any ideas that jump up I would love to hear.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Kansas City Campaign Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »
I'd play-up the divide at the river, likely...
Winter/Summer?  Different Vamp-courts?  Vamp-vs-Fae?  Or...?
Might be a good opportunity to develop some unique-to-your-campaign piece of the Dresdenverse...

Wasn't KC one of the destinations of the big western cattle-drives?  Herds of thousands of head, coming from 500+ miles away... and bison before that.  Some sort of deep mystical thing about all that action...

But I don't know all that much about KC, really.  That local info&flavor is IMHO the stuff you want to base your 'verse upon!

Offline JohnDKBalman

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 08:44:42 PM »
Thanks for the cattle Idea that is diffidently something I haven't considered.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:44:46 PM »
The river can be a major threshold between two supernatural communities.  maybe it exists in the Nevernever as well.  Maybe it's the only thing preventing a full-out, large-scale attack because it's only crossable at certain(well-defended) points.  You could have sentinels all along the river...maybe they're 'doughnut shops' or maybe they're 'gas stations'  or toll bridges but in the Nevernever, they're small fortresses or watch-towers.

Caves could have dragons, ghouls, black court vampires.   It could be a hideout for a sorcerer/necromancer.

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:39:23 AM »