Author Topic: Red Court Infected Drinking from a Nonhuman  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Druidstorm890

• Participant
    • View Profile
Red Court Infected Drinking from a Nonhuman
« on: February 11, 2015, 06:33:16 AM »
Mechanically speaking what would happen if a Red Court Infected fed on a non human like a White Court Vampire? As a secondary what would to the thing fed upon?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Red Court Infected Drinking from a Nonhuman
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 06:56:33 AM »
Mechanically speaking what would happen if a Red Court Infected fed on a non human like a White Court Vampire? As a secondary what would to the thing fed upon?
White court might not be the best example, the are human enough to serve as food for other white court vampires and black court can feed of them as well. Mavra's flunkie seemed quite sure he could turn Lara as well.

I think feeding won't be a problem with most of these human based monsters. Turning might be more difficult depending on the nature of that beings power.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mojosilver

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:00:05 AM »
So would draining a WCV count as killing a human?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:22:55 AM by Mojosilver »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »
So would a WCV count as killing a human?
Depends on your definition of human. Human enough to eat if you are an eater of humans? Yes, human enough to get your head chopped of if you kill it with magic? No.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »
What I want to know is what would happen if a White Court Virgin was bitten and became Red Court Infected as well, but hadn't killed anyone yet.

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 02:55:26 PM »
Likely you'd see a battle between the demon and the infection before one or the other won out. In either case the person would be dealing with insanely powerful cravings on conflicting issues.

If the Red Court infection won I think the White Court demon would be destroyed. The demon is attached to the soul of the vampire and the transformation into Red Court does something to make the soul vanish (perhaps destroying it, perhaps just ejecting it to move on, perhaps even using it as fuel for the transformation), which should deprive the demon of its hold on the person.

If the White Court demon won I can't see it allowing the infection to co-exist with it. Too much chance of the demon being killed, plus the natural regeneration of the White Court could possibly do something about it. The demon has just had a filling meal, after all.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Druidstorm890

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 05:37:47 PM »
White court might not be the best example, the are human enough to serve as food for other white court vampires and black court can feed of them as well. Mavra's flunkie seemed quite sure he could turn Lara as well.
First, when did Mavra's Flunkie do or say that? Second, So do you think it would meet the clause for becoming full Red Court?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
First, when did Mavra's Flunkie do or say that? Second, So do you think it would meet the clause for becoming full Red Court?
Blood rites,the black court attack on Harry and the white court vampires:
One-ear touched its tongue to Lara's mouth and shivered. "I'll show you what  real vampires are like. You'll see things differently soon. And you'll be lovely, still. For a little while. I'll enjoy that."
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Jabberwocky

• Conversationalist
  • Radical Reactionary Habsburg Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 06:46:49 AM »
Red + White = Pink. Pink Court Vampire. Emotions, blood, lots of drama and sparkling. Kill it! Kill it with fire!!!
A Hundred Towers? – Our Prague campaign.
Dramatis personae – Cast of characters, both PCs and NPCs.

Offline Steed

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:58:58 AM »
I remember reading once, back in the days of oWoD, that a vampire that Capri Sun'd a changeling would have a trip worthy of any 60s LSDathon.  That really tickled me, so I generally carry that concept over into other games that don't have a clear answer to what happens when vampires (or other phages) feed on nonhumans.  So maybe the RCI gets all hot and bothered after feeding on a lust whamp, or roid ragey after feeding on a wrath one.

As for what happens to the whamp, I'd defer to canon.  If they're human enough for Black Court turning, which Blood Rites seem to indicate, then I'd say they're probably human enough for RCI.  However, I generally dislike mashing together monster types, so I'd probably have the player choose whether to become an RCI or have a SHOCKING IMMUNITY! (gasp) to the RCI infection.  Which could be fodder for quite the interesting story in and of itself, assuming the Red Court is still around to be deeply concerned about this strange immunity...