Author Topic: Request A Character  (Read 129851 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Request A Character
« Reply #480 on: July 14, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »
I've not read those books.

Which program is this?

Offline LadyElvan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 14, 2019, 11:20:45 PM »
That I'm using? The "Dresden Files Character Manager" It's basically a program that fills in things for you. For a custom anything, though, it's not going to be worth trying to beat the program into submission. :)

Offline LadyElvan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 14, 2019, 11:24:04 PM »
The books, Diana Tregarde is a combination between Karrin Murphy and Michael Carpenter: her existence is to protect the innocents against the Bad Things Out There. Guardians (her "template") don't have to be as beholden to a specific Power, so using Knight of the Cross or even Sponsored Magic doesn't really work, that I've found. :/

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 15, 2019, 01:01:26 AM »
What supernatural things can she do?

Offline LadyElvan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 15, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »
Whenever she gets called on for help (like, literally: in one case she was fending off a dybuk possessing a woman but didn't have access to her Guardian magic until one of the possessed's friends said "...help her!") she has access to like Blackstaff level magic. It can only be used to help someone or take out the Threat Against the Innocents (another example: in the book "Burning Water" she fought an angry Aztec deity for an innocent woman, and won).
In game terms, I'm thinking, she has thaumaturgy "on her own" but Guardian Magic is evocation but she only can access that if someone literally asks her for help. I just don't know how that would work. Make it a Catch? But then what cost would it be?

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 15, 2019, 05:42:16 PM »
Whenever she gets called on for help (like, literally: in one case she was fending off a dybuk possessing a woman but didn't have access to her Guardian magic until one of the possessed's friends said "...help her!") she has access to like Blackstaff level magic. It can only be used to help someone or take out the Threat Against the Innocents (another example: in the book "Burning Water" she fought an angry Aztec deity for an innocent woman, and won).
In game terms, I'm thinking, she has thaumaturgy "on her own" but Guardian Magic is evocation but she only can access that if someone literally asks her for help. I just don't know how that would work. Make it a Catch? But then what cost would it be?

Sanctaphrax wrote up a custom rebate power called Limitation which covers exactly this sort of thing (it’s on the wiki in his signature). I suspect that this constitutes a mild to moderate limitation.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 15, 2019, 10:29:37 PM »
Here's a link.

You'll want to be careful with really big Limitations, though. A character who's sometimes incredibly powerful and sometimes a real scrub is likely to be out of balance with the other PCs all the time.

Offline LadyElvan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 15, 2019, 11:56:09 PM »
Thank you for the info!!! It's something to look through and talk to my GM about (lucky for me, he's my hubby so I don't have to wait until Game Night :D :D :D )

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2019, 05:00:03 AM »
I'm trying to use the program to create a template for a Guardian (Mercedes Lackey's Diana Tregarde, to explain what that is). What sort of other information do you need? (I don't know if you've read them so I don't want to explain something you already know :/ )

Yes mostly just power suggestions.  Are faith powers appropriate for someone who is playing for the side opposing capital G god, The character just also happens to be very anti Denarian.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 17, 2019, 09:42:23 PM »
You might want to rename them, but the mechanics of Faith Powers should work fine for an anti-God character.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 14, 2019, 03:16:30 PM »
I would love to see John Wick as a dresden files character.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 15, 2019, 02:09:24 PM »
I’d love to see your take on some of the worldbuilding that Arcane has managed to sneak into the games he’s played. Maybe a Librarian? Or someone who incarnates one of the major arcana from the tarot (perhaps Justice or the World)?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2019, 04:58:16 AM »
Would love to see bullseye from the Daredevil tv show statted up because the things that guy can do, omg.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2020, 01:46:27 PM »
Would also love to see Sanji and Obi-wan Kenobi written up as well. Especially the latter.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 11, 2020, 09:34:13 AM »
I mean Obi Wan would be a KotC or Knight of the Force. Maybe with a rote power of using telekinesis and augmenting his physical traits.