Author Topic: Request A Character  (Read 129815 times)

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Request A Character
« Reply #405 on: September 09, 2018, 02:19:56 PM »
How would you go about building a modern day Kirito; inspired from the anime sword art online.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 09, 2018, 05:23:26 PM »
I don't know who that is.

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 09, 2018, 05:28:46 PM »
I don't know who that is.
then basicly dont bother building it since he is vanilla mortal with kenjutsu training and extreme hand eye coordination while in computer games

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #408 on: September 10, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
You could do him with limitation or human form.  His regular persona out of the game and his in-game persona with all the superpowers.  But since he never leaves the game...

On the other hand, it would be cool to have a character that can only use his powers in the Nevernever.  He’s a master swordsman with piles of influence in the nevernever but just a regular dude in the real world

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 07, 2018, 07:43:38 PM »
I would definitely like to see the character Asta from the manga Black Clover is fleshed out in the dresden file system.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 09, 2018, 12:10:21 PM »
Never heard of her. Or him.

Incidentally, g33k, I'm still willing to make Donatien.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 09, 2018, 09:24:28 PM »
Well when your free with the other character; I would like to see a Spider-man build that one can take into a dresden files game. I came across a few across the boards but they seem so...meh. I know you would be able to get it done because when your building a character; you get the details and abilities right the first time and you are very accurate. Hope you are doing well sir and can't wait to see what you have cooked up.

I tried my hand at building spider-man but it just wasn't good enough. Definitely he would not be a character for a low refresh game since most of his goodies are a tad expensive and I don't know what stunts to give him.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 20, 2018, 03:25:27 AM »
Kind of you to say so.

This is meant to represent a sort of composite Spider-Man, drawn from no continuity in particular. Or perhaps from every continuity, if you'd rather see it that way.

The were two parts of this that I found tricky. Aspects and the spider-sense. Aspects were hard because Spider-Man has a lot going on; I think these Aspects do a decent job of capturing him, but they could definitely be better.

As for the spider-sense, there's just too many different ways to do it. A Supernatural Sense would work, Precognition would work, a couple of Stunts would work. Fortunately most of the options cost 2 Refresh, so I can leave it up to whoever ends up using these (if anyone does).

Considered giving him some Stunts (maybe Provoke) and/or the Superhuman Acrobatics Power, but I ran out of Refresh. And anyway he doesn't really need them. That being said, this is a fairly low-powered interpretation of Spider-Man; you could definitely add more Refresh and more skill points without making him unfaithful to his source material.

I could've given him a Catch; in fact, the RAW say I should. But I'm not sure if anything really fits. I guess I could go with sickness, since he's been incapacitated by normal colds and the like before, but...eh.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 22, 2018, 02:04:08 AM »
This is very well done, could not have done it better myself. This is a huge help!

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 24, 2018, 11:16:21 AM »
Jack Frost and Peter Pan as Princes of Winter and Summer Fae respectively.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 25, 2018, 07:18:55 AM »
What's a Prince, in this context?

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 25, 2018, 07:41:55 AM »
Powerful member of the court with their own subarea of control and power, roughly equivelent of a Duke.
I imagine their purpose is to protect children in one form or another. Jack Frost would be a noble, of Kringle's. Abilities would be flight, Ice magic, maybe a powerful artifact in his Crook of Winter.

Peter Pan would be a Prince of the Fairies   like Tinkerbell and purpose would be to protect Changelings of the Fae, and give them a way out of choosing by keeping them young.  Abilities would be flight, swordmenship, magic of the Summer, or Spring.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 07:48:44 AM by Con »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 31, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »
These were surprisingly hard. Not sure why, exactly.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 01, 2018, 06:16:25 AM »
I love It! Thanks Sanctaphrax.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #419 on: November 04, 2018, 02:25:22 AM »
A 5e thread was trying to stat out Conan the Barbarian.  Have you done him yet?

Adventured into his 60s
Never encountered a man stronger than himself
Was an excellent leader?
An Wilderness Survivalist
Killed two Frost Giants by himself.
Good at climbing and sneaking and sometimes compared to a cat

I think he might be a Pure Mortal

This is a quote from the other thread:

Also there's a sweet Athletics contest in Shadows in Zamboula where Baal-Pteor the strangler is trying to strangle Conan (and nearly does so) but Conan snaps Baal-Pteor's neck first. Saying that you aren't a man in Cimmeria until you can snap a bullocks neck with your bare hands.

Cimmeria sounds like the kind of place where if you didn't role good stats, you don't survive.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:40:52 AM by Taran »