Author Topic: Request A Character  (Read 129789 times)

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Request A Character
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2016, 02:07:13 PM »
What's the community's take on the Venatori Umbrorum?  I was going to make a PC that acted as their muscle/cavalry/troubleshooter for them but wasn't sure if it'd be justified.  I was of the perception that many (if not most) were on the level of those in War Cry (maybe Chest Deep Focused Practitioners and Vanilla Mortals) and that they might have 'muscle' on hand, just didn't have the chance to call it in.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2016, 03:11:48 AM »
I've never really done anything with the Venatori. And I don't remember much about them from the books. So I don't really have a take on them.

Jacob looks pretty good to me. Should probably specify a skill for Got Em Where I Want Em though. And What's The Catch might be a bit broad. Plus it might be good to reflect his deceptiveness in his Aspects a bit more.

Eh, I'm quibbling. I really doubt using him as-is will give you any problems.

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2016, 01:35:48 PM »
I'll put this in spoilers because it deals with side stories/comics that may not have been read by some, but here's what I remember of the Venatori Umbrorum.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
I'll put this in spoilers because it deals with side stories/comics that may not have been read by some, but here's what I remember of the Venatori Umbrorum.

(click to show/hide)
well if venatori is part of the topic here is my little sweet half white court half outsider pc aestas the trouble maker
Aestas (Snorkelling)

Aestas was once a normal White Court Vampire. But that was a long time ago. Time, and contact with Outsiders, has changed that. Long ago, she made a contract with He Who Walks Behind to transcend her natural state. She invited power from the Outside into her body, and used it to consume her own demon.

From there she developed some odd magical abilities, including the one she uses to store equipment outside of normal space. She was expected to use these in service of the Outside. But that sounded tedious to her, so she...didn't. She betrayed her monstrous patron and went off to do her own thing.

Now she drifts from place to place, amusing herself. She frequently does ill-advised things or violates Laws of Magic or has to run from vengeful Outsiders in her quest for entertainment, but so far she's free-willed and not dead.

High Concept: Half-Outsider, Half White Court Vampire
Trouble Aspect: I Want To Have Fun, Damn It!
Other Aspects: Vestiphobia, I Don't Care For Your Laws, My Patented Hyperspace Spell, I Ate My Demon, Betrayed He Who Walks Behind
Skills:
Superb: Deceit, Discipline
Great: Lore, Conviction, Athletics
Good: Presence, Rapport, Endurance
Fair: Alertness, Empathy, Intimidation
Average: Stealth, Burglary, Investigation
Powers:
Human Guise [-0]
Emotional Vampire [-1]
Incite Fear At Range [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch (True Courage) [+1]
Sealed Magical Compartment [-2]
Sponsored Magic (Outsider) [-4]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline AgentSchneider

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »

(click to show/hide)

This sums it up pretty well. Although I would add that:
(click to show/hide)

Offline AgentSchneider

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2016, 03:36:41 PM »
Jacob looks pretty good to me. Should probably specify a skill for Got Em Where I Want Em though. And What's The Catch might be a bit broad. Plus it might be good to reflect his deceptiveness in his Aspects a bit more.

Eh, I'm quibbling. I really doubt using him as-is will give you any problems.

Thanks for the feedback. I tweaked his stunts and added an Aspect of "Who Am I? Whoever I Need to Be" to reflect his ability to deceive and disguise himself.

Offline Sinister

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2016, 06:30:24 PM »
I need a submerged Cheshire Cat for an upcoming game....

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »
I need a submerged Cheshire Cat for an upcoming game....

Look up Malks in Our World pg 48. It's a safe bet that's where the Cheshire Cat originates from, given some of Grimmalkin's preferred methods. You might play with its Social Stats if you plan on it doing a lot talking.
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2016, 01:23:46 AM »
I actually don't know anything about the Cheshire Cat. If the malk stats aren't enough, you'll have to give me a proper description.

Offline Sinister

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2016, 07:23:51 PM »
This is what I came up with:

Supernatural Powers:
Flight (like wings, but he doesn't have any)
Insubtantial (taken from the spirit power)
Diminutive Size
Glamours (to become invisible or show himself detaching his head...etc)

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »
I'd say he has Claws as well. Cheshire Cats are almost always portrayed as having very sharp teeth.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline yig

• Lurker
  • Father of Serpents
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2016, 01:09:43 PM »
Could You have a go at statting John Constantine if you are still taking requests?

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2016, 04:05:38 PM »
For a challenge, can you go for Dream Of The Endless?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2016, 01:22:42 AM »
Could You have a go at statting John Constantine if you are still taking requests?

Sure. I don't know much about him, though...if I remember right, he's a working-class bisexual British wizard who once tricked Satan into curing his lung cancer by selling his soul to him and two other demons so that his death would trigger a war in Hell and once worked with Dream to recover a pouch of magic sand from his junkie ex-girlfriend..

That's not really enough for a character sheet. So I'll need a proper description

For a challenge, can you go for Dream Of The Endless?

Sure. Wrote up those god powers for a reason.

The stats'll be wrong, though, because the Endless aren't really portrayed in a way that suits the mechanics of this game.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2016, 02:22:08 AM »
Sure. I don't know much about him, though...if I remember right, he's a working-class bisexual British wizard who once tricked Satan into curing his lung cancer by selling his soul to him and two other demons so that his death would trigger a war in Hell and once worked with Dream to recover a pouch of magic sand from his junkie ex-girlfriend..

That's not really enough for a character sheet. So I'll need a proper description
He's not actually a wizard -- he can do common ritual stuff, but mostly he gets by on the power of bullshitting and his reputation to bargain/trick/provoke nasty things into doing his work for him.

For instance, in one story, he berated and cussed out the mostly-dormant Aztec gods in the area for letting another demon encroach on their territory. Used himself as bait to get said demon into the right spot for those Aztec gods to get to him, set them loose on one another...then used holy stuff to seal the building they were all duking it out in and burn the whole deal to the ground.

He's...at best, abrasive. He's one of those guys who just naturally/habitually pisses off everyone he meets, including his friends and allies, but he knows enough and where enough bodies are buried that he never quite warrants going too far out of their way to scratch off.

So...lots of Presence, Deceit, Intimidation and Lore, stunts to infuriate and lots of deals in his aspects. On, and Endurance, because he gets his ass kicked a lot.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast