Author Topic: Request A Character  (Read 130743 times)

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Re: Request A Character
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
I would reword two of Goku's stunts -- given he had one of his biggest power boosts off Earth, maybe instead the condition should be, "When he's the only thing that can stop the Big Bad"?
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Kylop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2014, 04:06:18 PM »
Sanctaphrax, you do amazing work.
If there is ever time in the queue I'm curious how you would stat:
Jonathan Goldsmith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Interesting_Man_in_the_World

Its for a humor element I have going in my campaign.  He's going to known to the high end powers and provide advice to the players...if they can get to him.
If you've already done this my apologies, my search didn't find it.
subitus superstes. inedicabilis prosperitas

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
I would reword two of Goku's stunts -- given he had one of his biggest power boosts off Earth, maybe instead the condition should be, "When he's the only thing that can stop the Big Bad"?

Probably a good idea.

Sanctaphrax, you do amazing work.
If there is ever time in the queue I'm curious how you would stat:
Jonathan Goldsmith.

Thanks. And if I ever come back to this thread I'll write him up.

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »
Goku looks pretty good. I'd had given him Mythic Speed; his speed is one of the things that's constantly referred to as being pretty intense (IIRC that's explicitly mentioned).

He also deserves outright Spirit Channeling for those big ki attacks IMO.
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »
Thank you!

Nia Ofumbe (Deep One)

<ed:snip>

I made a few small additions to her personality and backstory while writing her Aspects. First, I added the idea that she left home partly to escape her powerful enemies and establish a powerbase somewhere where nobody knew her. For her personality, I gave her a fake-friendly loathing for everyone and a worldview in which the world is basically a pyramid of ownership. There's no way to change the system, the best you can do is be the oppressor above all other oppressors. She doesn't think she's a bad person; as she sees it, her domination is actually less monstrous than the normal order of society. After all, she's not a rapist and she only kills or hurts when she has an actual reason.

I've got no problem with those changes; as I wrote before, the entire idea of her is very much a work-in-progress on the ways-and-means of an entire tradition of Psychomantic wizards who largely fly under the White Council's radar, as a backstory for an as-yet-unplayed PC-concept of mine, for a psychomancer who begins play with a Lawbreaker stunt.  Your additions, I think, work well with her and with the larger concept I was working with.

Also, I really like Dresdenverse characters for this exercise... the crossover/multiverse characters are fun and interesting, but IMHO in the final analysis less-useful when us n00bs are trying to figure out a DresdenFiles character...

Again:  thank you!

- Steve, the g33k

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2014, 10:45:43 AM »
You're very welcome.

Goku looks pretty good. I'd had given him Mythic Speed; his speed is one of the things that's constantly referred to as being pretty intense (IIRC that's explicitly mentioned).

He also deserves outright Spirit Channeling for those big ki attacks IMO.

I considered giving him Mythic Speed, but Refresh was tight and Mythic Speed didn't give him much that he didn't already have. So I cut it.

He's still ridiculously fast, though.

And I don't think there's much point in giving him Channelling. His spells would be weak compared to his Supernatural Martial Arts.

Offline dmonty7990

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »
Got a weird one for ya.

An emissary of power with an inclination towards hunting (something..Wolfish perhaps)

Dunno if that makes sense. If not ill try and explain it better

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2015, 03:10:52 AM »
Got a weird one for ya.

An emissary of power with an inclination towards hunting (something..Wolfish perhaps)

Dunno if that makes sense. If not ill try and explain it better

Could be an Emissary of the Erlking, considering his penchant for hunting and hounds. Doesn't sound too crazy.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2015, 01:11:23 PM »
How would you go about making a character like Kirei Kotomine from Fate Zero and perhaps Trafalgar Law from One Piece? I'd definitely love to see your approach of those two as your ideas are usually gold, in my humble opinion.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
This thread isn't really active at the moment, so I'll file those requests away until I next feel like making characters. Dunno when that'll be.

In the meantime, I can point you to this hunting-focused Erlking Emissary.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »
Ohhh, ok that is good. Thank you friend!

Offline Druidstorm890

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »
I know Goku has been done but how about something a little more in line with Journey to the West. Something like Disciple/Emissary of the Monkey King/Wukong.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2015, 01:04:14 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't know much about the Journey to the West. I'm not sure what a Monkey King follower should be like.

Offline Druidstorm890

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2015, 02:29:11 AM »
My own rough ideas would be some form of mystic martial art skill, and an Item of Power based of the Monkey Kings staff, which is basically the Power Pole from Dragon Ball.

Offline leifespen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2015, 03:51:47 AM »
I had 2 or 3 character sheets I wouldn't mind help with.

All waist deep.

High concept: the best illusionist you won't realise you've met //focused practitioner.
      trouble- oh shit who did I tell you I was
     I'm having a bit of trouble with his focuses, I have a card that looks to be whatever the target expects it to be, and a hat that makes him very easy to overlook.

I'm also looking to make a summoner like binder in a focused practitioner, and a Bartitsu fighter in an empowered mortal.