Author Topic: Request A Character  (Read 130844 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Request A Character
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2014, 11:25:29 PM »
I'm bringing this thread back.

Roy Mustang (Submerged)

This is Roy during the series, not Roy after the finale. I'm working under the assumption that Scholarship = Lore in FMA.

High Concept: The Flame Alchemist
Trouble Aspect: Consumed By Guilt
Other Aspects: Amestrisian Colonel, Aiming For The Top, History With Hawkeye, Vengeance For Hughes, Skirt-Chasing Goof
Skills:
Superb: Conviction
Great: Discipline, Presence, Contacts
Good: Endurance, Rapport, Scholarship/Lore
Fair: Athletics, Alertness, Deceit
Average: Resources, Empathy, Guns
Stunts:
Soldier Of Amestris (Contacts): +2 to Contacts within the army.
Colonel Mustang (Contacts): May use Contacts to have well-equipped soldiers working for him.
The Weight Of Reputation (Presence): Use Presence instead of Intimidation when he can play off of his reputation.
Powers:
Ritual (Alchemy) [-2]
Limitation (Needs a circle and a spark, can't actually use his non-fire elements) [+2]
  Evocation [-3]
  Refinement [-3]
Magic:
Evocation (Fire, nothing, nothing): +1 fire power, +2 fire control
Foci: Gloves (+3 offensive fire power and control), Lab gear (+1 alchemy complexity and control)
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Here's my pending request list:

-Rincewind
-Arlen Bales
-Sir Stuart
-D&D 5 characters
-35-45 Refresh characters

Before I do those, I've got two questions.

1. Mojosilver, could you tell me some more about the D&D party? Maybe post their character sheets?
2. Does anyone have any good suggestions for really powerful characters? I'm planning to do Father from FMA, but that's the only idea I've got.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 11:41:42 PM »
The Avatar, maybe? Either one of the named ones (Aang, Korra, etc.) or made up one.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Theogony_IX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 04:45:38 AM »
Here are a few.

Taborlin the Great from the Kingkiller Chronicles -> Taborlin the Great (for the record, knowing the Name of a thing gives total power over that thing)

The Lord Ruler from the Final Empire series. -> Rashek  He has a near omnipotent power through the exponential combination of Feruchemy and Allomancy.

John Uskglass, the Raven King from Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel -> The Raven King Lucifer himself admitted that John Uskglass was his equal in power and even leased out a part of hell to Mr. Uskglass.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »
Ideas for crazy-powerful Characters:

Hohenheim of Light (to contrast The Father)

The Specter from DC Comics (IE the most powerful character in that universe)?

The seven Incarnations of Immortality from Piers Anthony's series of the same name.  Fate (gestalt being), Death, War, Nature, Time, Good (aka God), Evil (aka The Devil)

Apocalypse (Marvel Comics)

Any Omega Level Mutant

The White Lantern

Thanos (with and/or without Infinity Gauntlet)

The Sage of the Six Paths
(Naruto-verse)

Late age Goku
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 06:49:02 PM »
Sauron from Lord of the Rings?  There's details on him if you read the Silmarillion.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
I'm bringing this thread back.

Yay!

2. Does anyone have any good suggestions for really powerful characters? I'm planning to do Father from FMA, but that's the only idea I've got.

"Hundreds of years ago, when Arthur Langtry and Ebenezer McCoy were first developing their rivalry, Heinrich Kemmler was already a wizard to be reckoned with.  Nobody knew then, of course, just how deeply he was delving into the darker side of magic, but his power was undeniable.  Although his primary interest was necromancy, he also studied deeply in the lore of mental attack and defense.  His primary mentor in this was a Vaudaun priestess, born in Africa but raised in Haiti."

"Nia Ofumbe, as a "mere" slave, had passed beneath the notice of the White Council for over a century.  Additionally, her arts were extremely subtle, and terribly potent.  Likely enough, some wizards of the Council DID run afoul of her; but none who did so ever reported their findings back to the Council.  In reality, she ruled the plantation where she was "enslaved," with the nominal owners as her devoted servitors.  She maintained several minor talents in the area as her "stalking horses," more-visible practioners who would attract the attention of any investigating or rivalrous wizards.  Meanwhile, she herself appeared to be a moderate-to-low-powered Voodoo Priestess..."

"Kemmler's own, already-profound necromantic skills let him penetrate the deceptions, and seek out Nia directly.  After extensive negotiations, she agreed to teach him some of her secrets of mind-magic, while he taught her from some of his own more-widely-travelled experiences regarding necromancy."

So... Nia Ofumbe?  Vaudaun priestess, necromancer, and mind-mage extraordinaire...  She's kind of "pulling an Elaine," passing as a minor talent but secretly being very powerful indeed...  In fact, every bit a match for the Merlin of the White Council, or the Blackstaff, or Kemmler himself...

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2014, 10:35:35 PM »
And here's Rincewind.

Rincewind (Feet In The Water)

Not sure about the skill pyramid or the Aspects, but I like the stunts here.

High Concept: Cowardly Wizzard
Trouble Aspect: Plaything Of Fate And Luck
Other Aspects: Knows One Spell, Accidental Savior, Half-Brick In A Sock
Skills:
Great: Athletics
Good: Lore, Alertness
Fair: Empathy, Survival, Stealth
Average: Conviction, Discipline, Endurance, Deceit
Stunts:
Run Away! (Athletics): +2 to sprint rolls.
A True Expert At Fleeing (Athletics): When running away, Alertness is considered infinite for initiative and Endurance is considered infinite for modifying Athletics rolls.
Half-Brick In A Sock (Athletics): May use Athletics to bash people with a half-brick in a sock.
Technically A Wizard (Lore): +1 to Lore-based perception rolls, can see octarine and other such things.
Total Refresh Cost:
-2 (Pure Mortal)
Refresh Total:

As for the various uber-powerful character suggestions...

I don't know enough about the Lord Ruler, Taborlin the Great, John Uskglass, Sauron, the Sage of Six Paths, the White Lantern, omega-level mutants, or the Incarnations of Immortality. Can't stat them if I don't know jack about them.

Nia would make a good character, except I dislike seeing historical victims turned into villains. Having one of the slaves be the true evil on an American plantation just seems distasteful to me.

Specter is too strong even for this power level.

So that leaves Goku, Thanos, Hohenheim, the Avatar, and Apocalypse. Not sure which I'll go with. The only ones I know well are Hohenheim and Goku. But Goku is beyond-Mythic physically and Hohenheim is very Father-like. I'll think about it.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
Awesome, I love the stunts.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2014, 12:00:46 AM »
I would like to request a Wizard Cop, not a Warden an actual police officer...
:)

Offline Mojosilver

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2014, 12:19:08 AM »
I hope you do not mind if I do these one at a time.
Romeo Lovegood is a Level 3 half-elf lore bard with the Noble background. His Alignment is Chaotic Good. His stats are Str 08 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 16. Proficiency bonus is 2. Skill are Acrobatics, Arcana, History, Insight, Nature, Performance, Religion, and Sleight of Hand. With Expertise in Deception and Persuasion.(Expertise doubles your proficiency bonus for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.) Jack of all trades adds half of your proficiency bonus (one) to untrained skills. Bardic Inspiration you pick one creature other than you with in 60 feet and can hear you one bardic inspiration die(d6). Once in the next 10 minutes the creature can roll the die and add inspiration(d6) to one ability check, attack roll, or a saving throw it makes. Cutting words lets you use Bardic inspiration on a enemy creature to subtract from it's attack roll, ability check, or damage roll. Song of rest lets your group regain extra 1d6 hit points during a short rest. As a Half-elf Romeo can see 60 feet in the dark, has Advantage (roll Twice use best roll) vs Charms, and can not be magically be put to sleep. His cantrips are Minor illusion and Vicious mockery. Level 1 spells are Cure wounds,Disguise self, thunder wave, and unseen servant. level 2 spells lesser restoration and shatter. 4 level 1 spells and 2 level 2 spells per long rest.

When we started Romeo going to be a Valor Bard. But after playing liked Lore Bard better sorry about the change. He is the teams face/skillmonkey. Romeo is a friendly and cheerful guy. He loves to put on a show and see people smile. The only thing stopping Romeo from being great is Romeo's naiveté and a desire to show off especially for a petty face.(Male/Female Romeo is not that picky) In combat Romeo hangs back and supports the team with heals, buffs, and debuffs. He distracts the enemy and inspirers allys.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:35:02 PM by Mojosilver »

Offline Mojosilver

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2014, 03:36:21 AM »
  Victor Craftwell is a Mountain Dwarf and a level 3 Arch Fey sworn warlock of the tome. Victor's background is sage(wizard apprentice) and his alignment is lawful neutral. Victor's stats are Str 14 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 12 and Cha 12. He has a Proficiency bonus of 2 and his Skills are Arcana, History, Intimidation, and Investigation. As a Mountain dwarf Victor is able to see in the dark 60 feet. Has advantage(roll twice use best roll) vs poison and Resistance vs poison. He is proficient with mason's tools. Knowledgeable (Double proficiency) on History stonework checks, and has training with Battle axes, hand axes, warhammers, throwing hammers, light, and medium armor. Victor's patron has show him how to cast spells, how to Detect magic at will, and to project a charming or frightening presence on each creature(wis save vs victor's spell DC 11) in a 10 foot cube centered on Victor. She has also given him a shadow tome of ancient secrets that let's him use 3 more cantrips, two rituals (Comprehend language and Identify) and Victor can add more ritual spells to the tome. Victor's cantrips are Eldritch Blast, Mending, Resistance, Prestidigitation, and Thaumaturgy. The spells Victor knows are Hellish Rebuke, Hex, Witch Bolt, and Misty Step. Victor can cast two spells per short rest as 2 level spells.

In combat Victor shoots his enemy with eldritch blast and keeps shooting until there dead. Saving his spells for a emergence. DPS pure and simple.

Victor never really fit in. He was always clam, polite, efficient, and prepared for anything. But something was missing. The closes thing to a friend and a steady job he had was the wizard he was apprentice to and after a decade it was obvious even that was going no ware. Then he meet her. An Arch Fey. She changed his life and strangely Victor felt better for it. For the first time Victor felt truly alive. Learning the secrets of the world, of magic. But still Victor is no fool. He know she was using him. Nothing is free. There is always price. But for now for the first time. He is happy.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:43:17 AM by Mojosilver »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2014, 05:39:07 AM »
Nia would make a good character, except I dislike seeing historical victims turned into villains. Having one of the slaves be the true evil on an American plantation just seems distasteful to me. 

Totally got that!

Nia, FWIW, was never a "slave".  She chose to move from Africa to Haiti, probably because she saw the slavers as "stronger" that the local culture, and wanted to go study / steal from / conquer their strength.

She likely made thralls of the raiders who came to her village... or even sought them out and inserted herself amongst the captives.  Then made thralls of the captain & crew of the ship transporting her, then the auctioneers in Haiti.  She chose which plantation would "buy" her.  Sliding through the slave subculture essentially unnoted by the mortal "masters" and by any wizards who happened by...

As a minor point, that's "Haitian" plantation... not that there was such a big difference at the time, vs. an American plantation.

Offline Mojosilver

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »
Wild Cat or Kate is a half-orc (feral) Druid of the Moon. Her background is outlander and her alignment is True Neutral. Her stats are Str 12 Dex 14 Con 16 Int 10 Wis 13 and Cha 10. Her Skills are Athletics, Insight, Perception, and Survival. As a half-orc Kate can see in the dark 60 feet, can once per long rest drop to one hit point instead of dying, and she can roll one extra weapon die when she scores a critical melee hit. As a druid of the moon she can cast spells and is a expert at wild shape. (wild shape as bonus action and can change in to animal CR one half her level.) Additionally she can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain hit points. 1d8 per spell level. Kate's has the Cantrips Produce fire and Shillelagh. She can cast 4 first level spell and 2 second level spells per long rest.

In combat Kate mainly tanks. She use produce flame until the enemy closes with her then using claw and fang to hold the line. Kate typically use her spell for out of combat utility or in combat healing. Out of combat she is the scout.

Kate grew up in the wild. Just anther wild beast. That is until uncle fond her. He taught her many things. But he never tamed her wild spirit. She is still a predator. But now she hunts for more then food. She hunts for new thing to experience. New challenges to over come. Uncle taught her about the world. Now she will see it herself.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 03:45:56 AM »
Sir Stuart and a wizard cop, coming right up.

Aliyah Saab (Submerged)

The White Council is kind of an awful organization in a lot of ways. It's an unelected shadow government which claims the right to execute anyone, no matter their age or nationality, who breaks rules which it doesn't tell the public about. That's why Aliyah isn't a Warden.

But although she can't in good conscience be a Warden, she still wants to do Warden-esque things. So she's working as a crime scene investigator for her local police department. She seems very good at her job, and her co-workers love her...but the truth is, she knows jack-all about crime scene investigation. She's faking it with divination spells. Most of her equipment is broken, since she's a notable hexer even for a wizard, and she wouldn't know how to use it even if it was functional.

So far, she's been able to save lives and solve crimes without revealing herself. She's even taken care of some magical problems for the city, without anybody noticing. But she's not sure how much longer she can keep this up.

High Concept: CSI Wizard
Trouble Aspect: Huge Fraud
Other Aspects: Bane Of Technology, Critic Of The Council, Very Popular
Skills:
Superb: Lore
Great: Contacts, Deceit, Discipline
Good: Athletics, Conviction, Empathy
Fair: Alertness, Rapport, Resources
Average: Guns, Endurance, Presence
Stunts:
Police Network (Contacts): +2 to Contacts among police officers.
Faking It (Deceit): +2 to Deceit when pretending to be qualified for her job or covering up magical incidents.
Powers:
Evocation [-3]
Thaumaturgy [-3]
The Sight [-1]
Soulgaze [-0]
Wizard's Constitution [-0]
Magic:
Evocation (Fire, Earth, Spirit): +1 spirit power
Thaumaturgy: +1 divination control
Foci: gun (+1 offensive spirit power and control)
Enchanted Items: 4 potion slots (power 5, 1 use/session)
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Sir Stuart Winchester (Submerged)

We don't seem to know much about this guy. So he's only getting a very basic Aspect sketch, and his skill/stunt spread is a bit generic. No idea if it's accurate at all...I don't even know whether the guy was clued-in during his lifetime.

High Concept: American Soldier
Trouble Aspect: ?
Other Aspects: Very Big, A Worthy Gentleman, Quite Dangerous
Skills:
Superb: Guns
Great: Fists, Might
Good: Endurance, Resources, Athletics
Fair: Contacts, Discipline, Survival, Alertness
Average: Presence, Rapport, Intimidation, Conviction, Empathy
Stunts:
Armed Arts (Fists): Use knife and axe with Fists.
Title Of Knighthood (Contacts): +2 to Contacts among "people of quality".
Leader Of Soldiers (Guns): Use Guns to lead troops and to determine reputation with violent people.
Quick Shot (Guns): No supplemental action penalties for drawing, reloading, or moving while firing a gun.
Total Refresh Cost:
-2 (Pure Mortal)
Refresh Total:

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 03:59:38 AM »
Totally got that!

Nia, FWIW, was never a "slave"...

That does make it a bit better. The way your post is phrased gives me the impression that I don't have the whole story here, though.

If there's a post or something explaining this person, can you shoot me a link? I can't find anything with Google.

Anyway, I've given this some more thought and here's my revised list of characters to make:

-Arlen Bales
-Victor Craftwell
-Romeo Lovegood
-Kate/Wild Cat
-Goku
-Aang
-Father
-The Dragon (from the Paranet Papers)
-Maybe Nia Ofumbe

Anyway, can I get a bit more information about Arlen? A quick googling reveals that he's some kind of messenger and that he's stronger at night, but I don't know much about his personality or skills.