Author Topic: Mythic Bestiary  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Mythic Bestiary
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:37:02 AM »
I've decided I like the Dresdenverse and the Fate system enough to run a long term game based loosely on Highlander.

I'm starting it during the Bronze Age and plan on it winding up in modern times or near future times when I'm done.

I'm starting this thread for multiple reasons.

1) To have a place that all the mythical creatures can be contained

2) To help me with ideas and help with stat blocks for my game.

Feel free to put multiple versions of each critter in here. (Why? Then people can have weaker and stronger versions to challenge most refresh characters)  Stat up anything you like.  Feel free to discuss what beings could qualify as Fae even.  I'm starting with some Greek myths and the like so starting there would be nice :)

I'll post any monsters or beings I use in my game and if I use one someone posted here I'll let them know how it worked.

I'm thinking harpies, centaurs, satyrs, minotaurs, hydras, pegasuseseses (pegasi?).  I may even use "The Minotaur" or "The Nemean Lion". 

Thanks for any contributions in advance.  Thanks for the help, I no doubt will glean from this.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Bestiary
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 12:22:02 AM »
Sounds like a really cool game idea.

There's plenty of appropriate stuff on the mythical creature thread, of course. A few examples:

Manticore
Chimera
Siren, Nereid, Sphinx, and Stymphalian Bird

Might also be a couple of things on the Generic NPC thread that you could use. There's a Kraken there, I know that much.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Bestiary
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
I feel stupid.  I tried a search and everything.

Thanks for the links.  I'll post stuff over there that I make then.

Thanks again.