Author Topic: Soulgazes and Sights  (Read 7219 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Soulgazes and Sights
« on: June 06, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »
Soulgaze and Sight Collection
This is a collection of the soulgazes and third eye Sights from the series.  It has been broken into six segments.  Curators are free to edit and update.

1 Soulgaze Theory
2) Harry's Soulgazes - Part 1 - Part 2
(click to show/hide)
3) Harry's Close Calls
(click to show/hide)
4) Soulgazes Observed
(click to show/hide)
5) Sight Theory
6) Harry's Sight Visions

1) Soulgaze Theory
     These are the basic soulgaze descriptions found in the series.  If you find a reference that adds something new, please PM me, and I will look to get it added.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:15:58 AM by Serack »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Soulgazes and Sights
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
2) Harry's Soulgazes
     This is a collection of the soulgazes that Harry has either experienced or reminisced about during the series.  They have broken into the soulgazes themselves, and the subject's reaction, if unique or notable.  They have been listed in the order of occurance/mention in the series.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:46:38 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
2) Harry's Soulgazes
 - Part 2
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:31:26 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 04:26:23 PM »
3) Harry's Close Calls
     There have been several soulgaze failures throughout the series, for a variety of reasons, and numerous references to Harry avoiding soulgazes.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:32:09 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
4) Soulgazes Observed
     This is a collection of soulgazes between two other parties, which Harry has been present for. 

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:32:33 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
5) Sight Theory

6) Harry's Sight Visions
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:33:39 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 04:28:20 PM »
7 <reserved for expansion>

Soulgaze by NeyaAnamMeanoiche
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:00:06 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
8 <reserved for expansion>

Harry Dresden - Soulgaze Inked by Polar15
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:01:27 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »
9  <reserved for expansion>

Dresden Files: Murphy by exorcisngemily
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:03:54 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 04:30:15 PM »
10 <reserved for expansion>

072610 Tiny but Fierce by GillyPerkyGoth
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:05:17 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
I dont know if you can reliably call this a Sight Vision, or something else, but it seems to be related.  When he does magic in Fool Moon without the insulation of Magic Words, he starts seeing and feeling strange things for a while:

Quote from:  Fool Moon Ch 15
Magic is a kind of energy. It is given shape by human thoughts and emotions, by imagination. Thoughts define that shape-and words help to define those thoughts. That's why wizards usually use words to help them with their spells. Words provide a sort of insulation as the energy of magic burns through a spell caster's mind. If you use words that you're too familiar with, words that are so close to your thoughts that you have trouble separating thought from word, that insulation is very thin. So most wizards use words from ancient languages they don't know very well, or else they make up nonsense words and mentally attach their meanings to a particular effect. That way, a wizard's mind has an extra layer of protection against magical energies coursing through it.

But you can work magic without words, without insulation for your mind. If you're not afraid of it hurting a little.

I drew in my will, my exhausted fear, and focused on what I wanted. My vision swam with dots of color. The man on my back snarled and growled incoherently, and spittle or foam dribbled onto the side of my face. Dried leaves and mud pressed against the other side of my face. Things started going black.

Then I ground my teeth together and released my will with a burst of sudden energy.

Two things happened. First, a rush of blinding thought, brilliant and wild and jangling, went through my head. My eyes swam with color, my ears with phantom sound. My senses were assaulted with a myriad of impressions: the sharp scent of the earth and dry leaves, the rippling scratch of a centipede's legs fluttering up the skin of my forearms, the sensation of warm sunlight against my scalp, dozens of others I couldn't identify-things with no basis in reality. They were a side effect of the energy rushing through my head.

The second thing that happened was a surge of electricity gathered from the air around me to my fingertips, gripped on my attacker's wrist, and surged up through his arm and into his body. He convulsed against my back, out of control, and the strength of his own reaction threw him off of me and to his back on the leaves, jerking and flopping, his face stretched in a tight-lipped expression of shock and fear.

I wheezed in a breath, stunned and shaking, then scrambled back to my feet, only to stagger against a tree. I huddled there, watching my attacker's convulsions fade into a numb paralysis. Finally, he just stared at the sky, his lips open, his chest heaving in and out.

[...]

MacFinn was sitting up, evidently recovered from the jolt I'd given him. His face was pasty and stunned as he looked around him. His chest rose and fell in uneven jerks.

There was a rustle, and then I caught sight of Tera West tumbling to the ground from the branches of the pine tree. She landed with a thump and sat there coughing and staring, her mouth hanging open in surprise. She blinked at me and nervously scooted a few inches backward over the ground.

"See there?" I wheezed, raising a hand and pointing at MacFinn. "He's breathing. He'll be all right." My mind was still spinning from my unshielded magic attack on MacFinn. I caught the strong scent of wild-flowers and stagnant water, and felt what I was sure were the scales of a snake slithering across the palms of my hands, while something with wings and glittering, multifaceted eyes hovered at the edge of my vision, vanishing whenever I tried to look at it. I tried to shove everything that didn't make sense out of my way, to ignore it, but it was difficult to sort the false impressions from the ones that were in front of me.

Tera rose, and made her way toward the fallen man. She knelt down over MacFinn and wrapped her arms around him. I closed my eyes and wheezed until my head began to slow down a little. I focused on all the pain that was lurking in the midst of the confusion. Pain in my shoulder, my throat, my jaw, gave me a concrete foundation, a place that I knew was stable, if unpleasant. I fastened on it, concentrated, until I began to get less woozy. Once the pain returned in force, I wasn't sure I wanted to be less woozy, but I opened my eyes anyway.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline StarbornWinterKnight

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 02:19:09 AM »
Awesome list.

Just wanted to add that I'm pretty sure Harry has soulgazed Michael offscreen. I think it is mentioned near the beginning of Grave Peril that when they first met Michael insisted on it and Harry says something about how Michael's soul was so pure that it made him weep.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 01:19:28 AM »
I don't know if you want to add this, but you might reference it ....

He attempted to soul gaze Tera West, and was unable to do so.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*