Author Topic: Picked up my copy today.  (Read 17033 times)

ToddM326

Picked up my copy today.
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:35:57 AM »
I may not get to read it for a while, but I saw it in my local walden books today and picked up the paperback.

Will y'all read it because you are a Spider-man fan, read it because it was written by Mr. Butcher, or skip it?

Offline SharonBrown

• Participant
  • She is the fairies' midwife ....
    • View Profile
Re: Picked up my copy today.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »
I'll read it because Jim wrote it. I'm not much of a fan of any comic-book-based character, but I love Jim's writing so much I'll make an exception here.
Sharon

Offline James

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 08:45:21 AM »
Well this seems to be a perfect place for my question then. I was telling a friend yesterday day in a conversation about Spiderman 3 the film that I am about to read this book. He said are you mad you should  at least read some of the earlier Spiderman first. So can I just get away with only reading Jim's book ?
Text arriving soon...

Offline Darla

• Conversationalist
  • Charter member Bookstore Commandos
    • View Profile
    • Nichtszusagen
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 05:07:51 PM »
You can absolutely get away with reading just Jim's book.  He refers to a lot of stuff that's happened in the past, but he does it in such a way that even someone like me who's never read any of the comics didn't get lost.

Plus, it has all Jim's snarky goodness.  I definitely recommend it. 
Darla 
Currently reading Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers. — A Bit of Fry and Laurie

Offline ShadowInTheDarkness

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 03:22:46 PM »
I'll read it because Jim wrote it.
I love the spider man movies but I'm not really a comic book person.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" - Edgar Allan Poe
“There is a limit to the sky, but music can be formed and reformed forever without repetition. Music is infinite.” - xjustxn0thingx (livejournal)