Author Topic: Any news about DFAE?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Any news about DFAE?
« on: May 19, 2014, 05:41:47 AM »
I haven't heard any news about Dresden Fate Accelerated Edition since it was funded via kickstarter. They said the goal was to have it by the end of the year. Has there been news?

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Any news about DFAE?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 04:01:27 AM »
I asked Fred about this on Twitter; they've moved the target back to 2015-16.

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:22:03 AM »
In the meantime, if I were to run a DFAE game, I would probably keep it as is for the most part, maybe replace flashy with something akin to faith, as that's a big part of the world. Unfortunately, I can't seem to think of a good name right now.

Magic would just work with the approaches as they are. Want to throw a fireball at a ghoul? That's a forceful attack. Most other powers would be rolled into aspects, the parts of powers that are supposed to define a character will be stunts.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
I wouldn't even change Flashy. Faith would be more of a subtle thing (although I suppose you could have a Flashy faith a la Moses feats or Fire and Brimstone).
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »
I wouldn't even change Flashy. Faith would be more of a subtle thing (although I suppose you could have a Flashy faith a la Moses feats or Fire and Brimstone).
I didn't mean that faith would be flashy, but that flashy doesn't fit the setting too much. Maybe "remove flashy, add faithy" would have been a better way to state it.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline AstronaughtAndy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 08:24:32 AM »
I'm not super familiar with FAE, but it seems like the Dresdenverse has some pretty flashy things in it. Harry did once ride a zombie t-rex down the street. Also...Thomas.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
I'm not super familiar with FAE, but it seems like the Dresdenverse has some pretty flashy things in it. Harry did once ride a zombie t-rex down the street. Also...Thomas.

Everyone wants Thomas to be flashy.  ;D
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart