Author Topic: Character advice  (Read 1264 times)

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Character advice
« on: May 20, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
My PC's been bestowed with Soulfire.  Upon being told I can perform EvoThaum with this, there arose the question of whether or not I can use it to heal.  Assuming the answer is yes, there still remains the problem of how to use it as my Scholarship is only Fair(+2) and I have no Refresh available at the moment.  I figure I can either:
1) Change a Foci to Biomancy (not much good as my PC still has no medical knowledge)
2) Acquire first-class medical books and/or first-aid kit, then tag those to boost my Scholar as an adjunct to the Biomancy.
3) With Refresh point, acquire stunt Lay on Hands.
4) Petition the GM and say, "It's Soulfire and I'm using it to heal with ought to be in keeping with my Sponsor's agenda."
5) Ignore the potential for speeding up the healing process and use the next Refresh point for something else.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Character advice
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 12:46:49 PM »
I'd go with #4.   I have a character with Soul-fire and we agreed that healing is in Soul-Fire's purview (just like Summer magic)  therefore, the sponsor takes care of the pesky "medical knowledge" thing.

You're still going to have to figure out a workable healing mechanic though.

There's a few opinions on this.  I like the one where you speed up healing.  I think the formula is something like this:

Base =4
+ value of consequence

So, you could heal a mild in combat with a power 6 spell (with evothaum)

You could have a moderate heal as if it's a minor with 10 shifts.  If you want to heal that moderate in combat, it'll cost you 16 shifts(10 to make it heal like a minor + 6 to heal that minor immediately) .  So it, very quickly, becomes too difficulty with evothaum.

Remember that it doesn't change the consequence.  A moderate is still going to take up a moderate slot...it just heals faster.

Probably, the officialiast way, though would be to cast a spell, spend 2 fp's and say, "you've got inhuman recovery for one scene".

Our own group hasn't come up with an official way to do healing yet...it hasn't come up in-game.

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:55:42 AM »
I'd look at the Reiki Healing Spell in Your Story and base your healing on that.

You could also cast an EvoThaum spell to give you the effects of the Doctor stunt, and simply swap your Scholarship skill up the ladder next time you get a Minor Milestone.

Offline Blackmako

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 01:57:44 AM »
Heh.

Since the spring knight heal bot did not show. 

Yes, yes go in debt. Please do! Dapper Dan...

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
Heh.

Since the spring knight heal bot did not show. 

Yes, yes go in debt. Please do! Dapper Dan...
Actually, given the nature of the Sponsor, "Eze" would be more appropriate...not that it would make it any less dangerous.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.