Linked Events

• Jim at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ: June 05, 2014

Author Topic: Jim at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ - June 5  (Read 13911 times)

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ - June 5
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »
Ok, probably shouldn't admit this, but I am the one person in a group of friends that gets all worked up about not getting a good seat and makes everyone get to the location waaaaaaay too early. I think it's some form of undiagnosed anxiety. :) So, I may be trying to get there a wee bit earlier. I want to miss the dreaded 5 pm driving window. On the other hand, if it's dead at the book store and I have no anxiety about my seat, then I will definitely try to come over to the Coach House. Thanks for the invite!!!

You're very welcome! I hope you get a chance to come by!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 12:05:29 AM »
You're very welcome! I hope you get a chance to come by!
Just wanted to let you know - I am at the book store now and people are already in the front seats and saving seats. There are plenty of seats available (maybe 75? Im bad at estimates), but people are trickling in for the front rows
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:10:01 AM by Cenphx »

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 01:03:48 AM »
The bookstore is live streaming the event. Here it is:
https://new.livestream.com/poisonedpen/skin-game-butcher

Offline Mythcantor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 04:19:27 AM »
I love listening to Jim because he's got such a great comic delivery of his jokes. I listen to all of Brandon Sanderson's Q&As too, and they are great and funny, but no where near as humorous as Jim's.
“Hope is a force of nature. Don't let anyone tell you different.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

“But you can't kill me, Lord Tyrant. I represent that one thing you've never been able to kill, no matter how hard you try. I am hope.”
― Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn: The Final Empire

Offline crystaril

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 05:38:24 AM »
This was such a good time, I'm so glad I went!  Thanks for hanging out MSD and Eyeballkid!  (I was the girl with the poster can.)

Offline EyeballKid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »
Had a blast tonight! Jim answered both of my questions, re: Lovecraftian influence and the scope of the Cinder Spires, and my other 2 potentially spoilery questions were asked in various ways by other fans.

Nice meeting MSD, crystaril, and Cenphx! Extra special thanks to MSD for taking a super cool pic of me with Jim. Can't wait for the con this weekend!

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »
I hate that I missed it. Hopefully I'll have a chance to meet you all at the con.
I love listening to Jim because he's got such a great comic delivery of his jokes. I listen to all of Brandon Sanderson's Q&As too, and they are great and funny, but no where near as humorous as Jim's.

I always enjoy hearing him. Not all that write are good at speaking but he is.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »
Had a blast tonight! Jim answered both of my questions, re: Lovecraftian influence and the scope of the Cinder Spires, and my other 2 potentially spoilery questions were asked in various ways by other fans.

Nice meeting MSD, crystaril, and Cenphx! Extra special thanks to MSD for taking a super cool pic of me with Jim. Can't wait for the con this weekend!

Me too!! It's just funny that we ended up randomly sitting right next to each other! Also, it was good to meet Loser21, who I hung out with in the signing line. I'm off to the con!

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 09:47:24 PM »
This was such a good time, I'm so glad I went!  Thanks for hanging out MSD and Eyeballkid!  (I was the girl with the poster can.)

OMG! I'm so glad you came!! What a blast! It was great meeting you and Eyeball kid too!
Cenphx, please remind me. I don't remember meeting you, but I probably just didn't put your screenname and you together!

OZ - you missed a helluva good time!

EyeballKid - Can you believe after all that trouble, my pictures with Jim still came out blurry. Stupid phone! Auuugh!

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2014, 02:13:49 AM »
OMG! I'm so glad you came!! What a blast! It was great meeting you and Eyeball kid too!
Cenphx, please remind me. I don't remember meeting you, but I probably just didn't put your screenname and you together!

EyeballKid - Can you believe after all that trouble, my pictures with Jim still came out blurry. Stupid phone! Auuugh!
You and I didn't actually meet - I was seated in the same row as you but not he opposite end, next to EyeballKid. I guessed you must be Murphy's Stunt Double :)

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2014, 04:41:22 AM »

I figured as much. It's always nice to put faces with the names here on the board.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline mich723

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2014, 01:03:30 AM »
I just want to say that Jim Butcher had the best fans ever...and his pretty fantastic himself!
My husband and I bought books for the signing at poisoned pen weeks ago. Then suprise, my husband had to have a cervical spine decompression and fusion sx that day. Hey was supposed to be done by six.....so he made me swear I would still go...sx of course took longer and wasn't done in time. Friend drove me like a madman over there. I missed the talk (thank you poison pen for live streaming it) and couldn't even get in the door. When I got in, I started asking about signing numbers I had 18. Everyone in line kept ushering me forward, when I got to the front....they were already in the forties. With a gracious bow...the gentleman at the front let me go next. I fin't know he was only able to sign two books due to the wait, but you could get back in line if you had more. I had already handed him both of our skin games....I don't know who was with him...but she was very nicely asking about my husband and I said there was no way I could stay as I needed to return back to the hospital. Mr Butcher kindly signed Side Jobs for me (under the table lol) as this was the book my husband had wanted signed. Best author, best fans ever!

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2014, 07:02:08 PM »
Mich - So glad you made it! And I hope your husband is doing well.

I had #17 (we would have chatted in line, I'm sure.)

The lady who was so nice is Jim's publicist, Anne. She's awesome. 

Offline mich723

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2014, 01:58:44 AM »
Thank you...She was really nice...and Jim was witty and funny...just like you would expect!

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2014, 06:25:20 AM »
Mich - So glad you made it! And I hope your husband is doing well.

I had #17 (we would have chatted in line, I'm sure.)

The lady who was so nice is Jim's publicist, Anne. She's awesome.

Anne is Jim's editor, actually! Jim's publicist is Alexis.