Linked Events

• Jim in Chicago, IL: June 04, 2014

Author Topic: Jim in Chicago (Skokie), IL - June 4  (Read 19048 times)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
Re: Jim in Chicago (Skokie), IL - June 4
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »
Damn, not enough time to ask for Wednesday off from work.  :(

Wish they'd post these announcements earlier.

Well... you're looking a little peaked to me. Feverish, even. ;)
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Legal_Assassin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
March 12th?

Huh. Must've missed it.

Well, just gotta keep my fingers crossed or beg for the day off.

Offline Longfellow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 11:51:16 PM »
I'll probably just check out the Barnes and Noble early, probably be there by 5-5:30.  I'm hoping to be off the roads before rush hour hits hard and heavy.
Got malk?

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2014, 05:06:19 AM »
I'll probably just check out the Barnes and Noble early, probably be there by 5-5:30.  I'm hoping to be off the roads before rush hour hits hard and heavy.

Inconceivable!
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline tpurcell

• Conversationalist
  • Blue Moon Born Madtown Lycomorph
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »
I'm going to this. Driving down from Wisconsin. It will be a long day, but it will be worth it. I may be up for meeting up with you fine forum folks beforehand.
"I am just another blind man. I do not get the whole picture of what transpires in all places. I am blind and limited. I would be a fool to think myself wise. And so, not knowing what the universe means, I can only try to be responsible with the knowledge, the strength, and the time given to me..."

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »
I don't know if I'll make the meetup beforehand, but I'll look for people at the event.  I'll probably have my bright red Red Court t-shirt on. 

(Here's my Facebook page in case anyone wants to get in touch).
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Dmander

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »
Seeing as how the signing is on a jewish holiday(for the second time in a row!), is it possible for someone to bring a camera along and record the Q&A(if there is one)?

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 01:48:35 AM »
Yeah, I should have done this earlier too.  Chiro, ok to friend you?  I don't use the accounts much, but might be useful Wednesday :)

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/randall.dunn.56
Twitter
https://twitter.com/mx1i

Seeing as how the signing is on a jewish holiday(for the second time in a row!), is it possible for someone to bring a camera along and record the Q&A(if there is one)?
Tis my intent, Dmander, barring anything extraneous interfering.

Still in the gameplan to be up there at 0900 when the store opens and chilling out the day till things start happening.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:52:56 AM by MX »

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 02:59:39 AM »
Chiro, ok to friend you?

Indubitably!

Offline SilentSponge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »
I'm far too shy to do the group meet-up thing at Johnny Rockets, but I'll see all of you fine gentlemen (and ladies) there tomorrow.  ;D  Driving down 3 hours from Madison to Chicago, but it's well worth it IMO.  Probably going to the Field Museum first for a bit too, just to see Sue in all her prehistoric glory.

Offline semiautomage

• Conversationalist
  • Chekhov's meta-reference
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 05:18:11 PM »
Parking can be quite nasty at Old Orchard.  Get there with plenty of time to spare!
"When you can see the colors of the feathers, you'll also understand how you can expand your borders to infinity."
Admiral Naismith

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »

Offline Longfellow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:26 AM »
So... Taking bets on how long into the Q&A  someone asks,  "Why does Dresden have a hat on the cover of the books?"  Don't be that guy!
Got malk?

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 04:53:41 AM »
So... Taking bets on how long into the Q&A  someone asks,  "Why does Dresden have a hat on the cover of the books?"  Don't be that guy!

But bonus points if you ask that and then follow it up with "Why are YOU wearing a hat?  Why are you all wearing hats?!  Dear God, THE HATS!!"

Offline Mythcantor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 05:17:20 AM »

For me, the question that is overdone is "Will we get to see more of the Jade Court?"
“Hope is a force of nature. Don't let anyone tell you different.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

“But you can't kill me, Lord Tyrant. I represent that one thing you've never been able to kill, no matter how hard you try. I am hope.”
― Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn: The Final Empire