Linked Events

• Jim in Chicago, IL: June 04, 2014

Author Topic: Jim in Chicago (Skokie), IL - June 4  (Read 19128 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Jim in Chicago (Skokie), IL - June 4
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »
Wednesday, June 4 at 7:00 PM
Barnes & Noble
55 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Jim in Chicago (Skokie), IL - June 4
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:48:26 PM »
yay
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:39:12 AM »
Color me happily surprised at the long signing tour :)  Managed to switch vacation time around and have the week of the fourth off.  Will definately be there!

Offline SilentSponge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 02:53:49 AM »
Huzzah!  Jim wasn't able to make it to Chicago for the Cold Days signing because of a cold, but I'm utterly ecstatic that he'll be coming this time around.  I cannot describe how elated I am.  Please stay healthy, Jim!  x_x

Offline nelspaulson

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »
I think it should be noted that the only thing you will be able to get signed is Skin Games.  I love the series and pre ordered the Cold Days. So when i contacted the store for the Cold Days event, the store replied you must buy the book the day of the event at the store(it came out a week earlier) in order to attend any part let alone get the book signed.  It meant that I would have had to buy the book twice and go through a few extra hoops just to be able to attend. As a result i had decided to not attend then.  I might bow to their wills this time.  Be careful so you can attend.

I am glad he is attending Gen Con so those restrictions shouldn't be there for that one.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:34:49 AM »
Soooo...
About 5 of us will be meeting for this signing. I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in a gathering before or after the signing?
The bookstore is right near/in a shopping center, so finding a restaurant shouldn't be an issue.
If enough people are interested I can work on a more organized or at least some kind of plan.
I know it would be awesome to meet more forumites!
Just let me know and we'll make it happen.

I'll post more info as we get closer. :)

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 05:59:07 AM »
The bookstore is right near/in a shopping center, so finding a restaurant shouldn't be an issue.

Epic Burger
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 10:39:17 PM »
Excellent suggestion. I assume this means you'll be there?  8)
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 12:38:21 AM »
I'm definitely going to the signing.  Before the signing depends on what my work schedule is like that day.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what Epic Burger is even like - I just get mad giggles every time I see the name.  (I'm unfortunately unhelpful as far as Skokie dining goes; that little area around the Old Orchard Center has mostly chain places).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:50:36 AM by Chiroptera »

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 01:47:36 AM »
Oh yes, a meeting is of interest  8)  I am planning to be at the signing somewhat early to get a decent spot to record it, though, so may not work out for the meet  :-\  Interested though :)

Quite a few restaurants to be had.  From the Epic Burger to seafood to Italian, quite a few choices.

I remember going up there in 2012 because I didn't see the unfortunate turn Mr. Butcher took :(  As I plan on getting there as early as possible, I am reasonably sure what to expect traffic-wise and parking.  Considering it is a mall, with a bookstore and a theatre (X-Men movie comes out the weekend b4 release), yeah, I think I will stay busy till the main act begins :D

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 02:43:22 AM »
If you can try to make a late lunch/dinner meet before the signing that would be cool. Mij, Mrs Mij, Mystic, and myself will be there. Lea from Across the Pond will be heading back home on the 4th (if only they had announced the signing a few weeks earlier!).

If nothing else maybe we can decide on an identifying item to wear to the signing... ;)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 01:31:35 AM »
If you can try to make a late lunch/dinner meet before the signing that would be cool. Mij, Mrs Mij, Mystic, and myself will be there. Lea from Across the Pond will be heading back home on the 4th (if only they had announced the signing a few weeks earlier!).

If nothing else maybe we can decide on an identifying item to wear to the signing... ;)

Late lunch/early dinner might work out nicely.

The folks in B&N were pretty cool when I stopped in the first time, and the other signing going on that day I stopped in had a camera in play so I doubt that will be an issue.  I just tend to be a plan, plan, plan kind of person and I want the setup to work just so.

FWIW, I still have my "Harry Dresden Is My Hero" button from Turn Coat release signing I'll be pinning to my chest, so there is that for ID, for those I haven't met :)

Offline Lany79

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 10:41:04 AM »
I might try to make it as Skokie is not all that far for me.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 11:37:04 PM »
Nice :)

Offline Longfellow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 01:07:26 AM »
I'm hoping to make this my very first visit to see Jim in person, not to mention my first ever book signing...EVER...for any writer!  Very excited!  I live not too far away in South Bend, IN, so won't be too far of a trek, maybe 2 hour drive one-way.
Got malk?