Linked Events

• Jim in Seattle, WA: May 30, 2014

Author Topic: Jim in Seattle, WA - May 30  (Read 6786 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Jim in Seattle, WA - May 30
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:32:16 PM »
Friday, May 30 at 7:00 PM
University Bookstore
University Temple United Methodist Church
1415 NE 43rd St
Seattle, WA 98105

EDIT: NOTE CHANGED ADDRESS!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:37:29 AM by Priscellie »

Offline EdgeOfDreams

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Jim in Seattle, WA - May 30
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »
Huzzah for an appearance in Seattle! Looks like I'll finally get to see His Jim-ness in person. Some questions, though:

• When I search for "University Bookstore Seattle" online, I find the University of Washington bookstore, but when I search for "University Temple Seattle" I find this church (which also matches the listed address). Neither has Jim's visit on their online calendar. So, uh, which is it being held at, a bookstore or a church?
  • Are tickets required? If so, is attendance limited?
  • What actually goes on at the event? Q&A, book signing, arm wresting...?

EDIT TO ADD: Oh, also, I forgot - one of my good friends burns when he enters churches, usually. Can we make sure he gets an explicit invite at the door in case that's an issue?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:40:11 PM by EdgeOfDreams »

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
Edge,

Here is a Link to the one done for Cold Days.  There is contact information on it and you might get some information about the Skin Game event from them.

No Guarentees, but ...
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 05:16:08 AM »
Jim’s event at University Bookstore will be held at the church across the street from the store.

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:35:35 AM »
Oh, I'd love to go. But, I do have a baby (who will be 6 months old at the time) that I would also need to take with me. Does anyone know if it's okay to take a baby to the signing? :(
Old gods. New gods. Aren't they all the same?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »
Spot, I'd call the venue and ask. 

On the other hand, I would not.  I just go, take spotlett, and if spotlett get's talkative ... take her out to the lobby.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »
That's what Mr Spot said. He said he'll be on baby duty and take her outside if she gets too loud. He said we can sit at the back. Which means we are going! *woot woot*
Old gods. New gods. Aren't they all the same?

Offline doodleink

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 09:53:11 PM »
I know there were several parents at the last one here and frankly it didn't seem to be a big deal. Everyone at the event seemed very courteous.

Offline Commander Shepard

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »
I've been checking everyday for a link to buy tickets (as I'm sure some of you are too). Recently, the UW Bookstore finally added a link for tickets: http://www2.bookstore.washington.edu/_events/events_cal.taf?evmonth=05&evyear=2014&eventid=2014012312392400

However, the link only places a pre-autographed copy of Skin Game in the shopping cart. Am I missing something or will we just have to continue waiting for a real ticket link?

Also, this note was added to the event:
One ticket is free with your purchase of Skin Game: Book 15 of The Dresden Files from University Book Store beginning May 27, 2014. Otherwise, tickets are $10. Each ticket admits one person to the event.

Which reminds me, I take it we can still purchase Skin Game at the event if we choose to do so, correct?

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 11:29:47 PM »
I've been checking everyday for a link to buy tickets (as I'm sure some of you are too). Recently, the UW Bookstore finally added a link for tickets: http://www2.bookstore.washington.edu/_events/events_cal.taf?evmonth=05&evyear=2014&eventid=2014012312392400

However, the link only places a pre-autographed copy of Skin Game in the shopping cart. Am I missing something or will we just have to continue waiting for a real ticket link?

Also, this note was added to the event:
One ticket is free with your purchase of Skin Game: Book 15 of The Dresden Files from University Book Store beginning May 27, 2014. Otherwise, tickets are $10. Each ticket admits one person to the event.

Which reminds me, I take it we can still purchase Skin Game at the event if we choose to do so, correct?

Have you tried calling the store?  1-800-335-7323

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 06:33:41 PM »
Yup. The problem was the tickets aren't in yet, but they should be in a couple weeks.

Offline travlersdepot

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 09:17:06 AM »
Will the signing only be for Skin Game or will I be able to have him sign Dead Beat as well?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 02:14:03 PM »
Will the signing only be for Skin Game or will I be able to have him sign Dead Beat as well?

Contact the venue and find out what their rules are. 

In the past, Jim  has allowed 2 books per person through the line.  Should you have more than that, if the venue allows it, you can get back in line for more.

Offline markdall

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 08:32:10 PM »
Awesome, I'm so happy he's coming back to Seattle! My kids and I still talk about the last one of these we went to.

So, the major question: Will Bjorn be there? I'm actually torn now between asking for my name on the autograph vs. Bjorn. Maybe I'll ask for First Name 'Bjorn' Last Name. :P

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 10:02:06 PM »
Just a heads up: the online tickets ($10 each) will go on sale on May 27th when the book comes out. Alternatively, if you're in the Seattle area, you automatically get a free ticket when you buy Skin Game at the UW Bookstore in person.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:09:37 AM by Commander Shepard »