Linked Events

• Jim in Seattle, WA: May 30, 2014

Author Topic: Jim in Seattle, WA - May 30  (Read 6781 times)

Offline Eleri

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Jim in Seattle, WA - May 30
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 08:35:03 PM »
Went to buy tickets at about 1 pm, and you could still only buy the books. Someone else is telling me that the UBS website says "Online ticket sales have ended. Customers will be able to purchase tickets at the door, beginning at 6pm." but I can't find it. (Edited to add: Oh, they were looking at BPT. From 2011. No wonder. Oops)

So I dunno. I'll give them a call later.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:09:01 PM by Eleri »

Offline Commander Shepard

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »
I called them. They told me they were having technical problems setting up the online tickets and that's why we cannot buy them online yet. The man I spoke to said they have no idea when the problem will be fixed (or at all is my guess). Since there is no ETA, as of right now, the only way to buy a ticket would be to physically go the University Bookstore and buy it there, or give your credit card details over the phone to get a will call ticket.

So frustrating.

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 06:47:49 PM »
After thinking a lot about it and thinking a bit more, we've decided not to go. :( Li'l Spotlette is teething and gets cranky at the drop of a hat. Instead of spoiling everyone's evening, we are just staying at home. But remember, while you are all laughing your butt off at Jim's jokes, I'll be silently cursing each and every one of you. ;D (Just kidding.)

Tell Jim I said hello - not that he knows me - and everyone have as much fun as you can.
Old gods. New gods. Aren't they all the same?

Offline Commander Shepard

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
It looks like the online tickets are still a no go. In any case, you should be able to buy tickets at the door tomorrow.

Offline Eleri

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 11:50:45 PM »
We decided not to go either- fighting rush hours traffic into the U District to get there early enough to stand in line for tickets just sounded like a PITA. The bookstore did not handle this well this year, at all.