Author Topic: Admiral's Lady: Ashes for Ashes, Blood for Blood is uploaded!  (Read 2771 times)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
I just uploaded Ashes for Ashes, Blood for Blood on Amazon.  This is novel length spin off novella set in my Spineward Sectors series and comes in at a cool 74k words.  While this is only about half the size of mainline book in my series, it is still a standard sized novel going by the book size of the competition and twice the size of the last Admiral's Lady book.

This is the story of just exactly what happened after Jason Montagne was captured by his enemies and then thrown in durance vile and Akantha of Messene, his wife waltzed off screen.  For all of you interested in finding out just what exactly happened while Jason was busting himself out of prison and setting the stage for his revenge, read this book.  All I'll say is that this is not PR tour.  Akantha has a name for her pain and it is King James.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: Admiral's Lady: Ashes for Ashes, Blood for Blood is uploaded!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:36:29 AM »
And like 90% of readers, I downloaded Admiral Who? since it's first in the series according to a review I found. So I also fall in line with the statistics from the other post. :-)

On a marketing note and personal request? Can you list the books with the title including Bk 1, Bk 2 etc. on the actual title? I had to dig a bit to find the first one.

Also my typical place to find series list order is often Wikipedia when it doesn't show up on Google.  What does it take to get your own Wiki listing? Hey, no, I'm serious...

Take care my friend and I look forward to reading Admiral Who? A title, BTW, that I enjoy!

"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:00:00 AM »
It says book One, Book Two etc in the product description doesn't it?

Or do you mean with the new Admiral's Lady book?  I guess technically that would be like Book 4.5?  Why I listed it as a spin off.  The previous Admiral's Lady: Eyes of Ice, Heart of Fire is I guess Book 0.5 or 0.75.   Its really hard to say because the events in the first spin off novella take place after the start of Who or right around the start and finish about half way through Book one.  Then for this one it picks up right around the start of book 4 and finishes somewhere in the middle-beginning of book 5.

Not sure about the Wiki thing but I probably should be.

As for putting the book order in the title.  I think we had it at one point and hten removed it for some reason.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the series!  Book one was good but it really hits its stride in book 2.  If you don't like Gambit then this series probably isn't for you  ;D

Have a good one.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 03:16:46 AM »
I just found under the descriptions. Yeah! I've seen books listed as:
Name of Book (Spineward Sector Novel: Book 1) for example as the title listing.

Downloaded, but now the blasted queue is filling up... I have some extra time this week and look forward to reading away on my list.

hugs, Meg
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:20:22 AM »
I just found under the descriptions. Yeah! I've seen books listed as:
Name of Book (Spineward Sector Novel: Book 1) for example as the title listing.

Downloaded, but now the blasted queue is filling up... I have some extra time this week and look forward to reading away on my list.

hugs, Meg

Enjoy!

The Deposed King