Author Topic: Macbeth - Urban Fantasy E-Book  (Read 3349 times)

Offline CeruleanSlane

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Macbeth - Urban Fantasy E-Book
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:54:59 AM »
I really hope I'm putting this in the right place and not breaking some kind of rule. I really can't afford a lynching. My neck bruises easily. So please, I'll take firing squad over hanging if requests are allowed.

Anyway, since I love the Dresden Files so much, and that love of urban fantasy fueled the writing of my own first novel, I thought I'd take the plunge and promote it here.

Long story short, Macbeth is a 20 year old girl who receives visions of how to help people, and has spent two years traveling across the country doing just that. Now she's going to find out where those visions come from. The book is a mixture of urban fantasy and Greek mythology.

My favorite type of character to read is a strong, intelligent heroine with a sense of humor. And that is what I have endeavored to provide with the character of Macbeth in this novel. My love for intelligent, outgoing and courageous female characters stems partly from the television shows of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Veronica Mars, and I have tried to invest my own work with the same kind of quirky and smart humor. A pretty girl is one thing. A girl who can tell a joke is another. And a girl who can tell a joke while facing certain death and stand her ground because it's the right thing to do? That's Macbeth. I set out to create a powerful female character with a unique and amusing voice. She is flawed, but she is also strong.

It can be found, if anyone is interested, in the kindle store here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IA28JQ2  You should be able to read a sample and decide if you want to see more, or if the writing makes you scream as your eyes bleed. I'm hoping for the former, but you know, either way at least I've made an impact.