Author Topic: law question cunundrum! (transformation)  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Sammael

• Participant
    • View Profile
law question cunundrum! (transformation)
« on: January 23, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »
Hi, iīve been thinking about the "donīt change anothers shape" law. . . . . if there is someone who wants to be changed to a still human form, just different, how would that work, warden-law wise?

Like a Male to female transsexual, for example?

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: law question cunundrum! (transformation)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
This has been discussed before.  Most would say that willing target is fine. 

I'd play it this way:  willing target is fine metaphysically (no lawbreaker stunt, you didn't actually break any laws), but the wardens don't necessarily care.  Wardens like Morgan would probably still see it as justification to kill you.  Wardens like Carlos probably think it's fine.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »
There's a sticky 'law talk' thread at the top of the board that has linked discussions to various laws

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php?topic=36777.0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:27:18 PM by Taran »

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
I'd say this would work exactly the same as any other transformation - lawbreaker if you do it to them, both metaphysical and warden-law-wise.

That said, there's a loophole: if you don't transform them, but instead give them the ability to transform themselves, then you're probably okay metaphysics-wise (but likely to still have warden related problems).  An example would be the wolf belts from fool moon - making such a belt isn't, itself, a law violation.  (Or at least, I wouldn't treat it as one; I'm sure other people will have different opinions.  And the wardens certainly wouldn't care about such subtleties.)