Author Topic: killing nicodemus  (Read 1944 times)

Offline potestas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
killing nicodemus
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:05:50 AM »
so how would we go about that? He needs killing so I think I am going to weave that into the story. I think a couple of strands of unmaking for his noose and his coin should be enough to undo both of them. But getting the strands will be a story or three. Setting a trap for him will be a story or three. Hes considered a minor power under the accords so he probably doesn't think any white council other then harry would be gunning for him. so there is that at least on the first attempted. Boy it will be nice if I can get the gang to kill him and totally unmake his coin so his fallen can never leave hell again. what a coup. Any ideas for the story, or ha someone already done it.

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
  • Actually just a jar full of bees attached to a CPU
    • View Profile
Re: killing nicodemus
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:18:29 AM »
Beyond actually just strangling him with the noose, which is absurdly easy? Sword of the Cross, actually just get the noose off of him, the Sacred Guardian custom power. If you can actually just get him to show up to an ambush, that's most of the work done already.

Also, I'd be leery of destroying the Blackened Denarü. I think there was a WoJ or something that said that any of the Fallen getting out of their prisons, either in Hell or in pocket change, would be really really bad. Apocalyptically bad.

If you want to destroy the Noose or just get him to agree to a meeting not under the Accords, that's worth a couple of sessions. Getting an Unraveling might be a few sessions or it might be a whole, if brief, campaign. Creating circumstances forcing Nicodemus to show up to a meeting where he doesn't dictate the terms would probably be a lot harder, because he's really freaking crafty, has two thousand years of personal experience and countless billions of secondhand experience via Anduriel. Maybe go gunning for Tessa, and then force him to show up to an exchange of the coins?
Hi! My home is called an apiary! I collect honey, and defend the Queen!

Not-so-secretly a power hungry megalomaniac with a Modular Abilities addiction.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:22:44 AM »
Getting the strands seems like too much hassle to me.

If you know his weakness IC, the solution is pretty simple. Grab the noose and pull. Not easy, but simple.

My preferred strategy would be to exploit his talkativeness. Call him to meet on neutral ground, slap a strong veil on someone with Strength, and have them snap his neck with the noose.

There'll be consequences for violating neutral ground and maybe also for murdering a signatory to the Accords, but Nick is tough enough that it seems worthwhile.

As for the coin...I'd pour a very large amount of concrete around it and drop the resulting block on the moon. Maybe post some magically-constructed guards. Ward it against divination, and slap an alarm spell down so that you know if it's been found. Won't last forever, but it'll keep the coin out of commission for a while.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »
Beyond actually just strangling him with the noose, which is absurdly easy? Sword of the Cross, actually just get the noose off of him, the Sacred Guardian custom power. If you can actually just get him to show up to an ambush, that's most of the work done already.

Also, I'd be leery of destroying the Blackened Denarü. I think there was a WoJ or something that said that any of the Fallen getting out of their prisons, either in Hell or in pocket change, would be really really bad. Apocalyptically bad.

If you want to destroy the Noose or just get him to agree to a meeting not under the Accords, that's worth a couple of sessions. Getting an Unraveling might be a few sessions or it might be a whole, if brief, campaign. Creating circumstances forcing Nicodemus to show up to a meeting where he doesn't dictate the terms would probably be a lot harder, because he's really freaking crafty, has two thousand years of personal experience and countless billions of secondhand experience via Anduriel. Maybe go gunning for Tessa, and then force him to show up to an exchange of the coins?
IIRC< WoJ says that the coins are there because these are the angles Satan is AFRAID of getting loose.  'Nuff said.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline S1C0

• Conversationalist
  • Don't worry about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 03:48:54 AM »
My favorite problem solver The Nuke, usually quells most what could kill it arguments.
Vae Victus

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
I almost want to make this into a campaign now. First scenario is gaining an Unravelling, then insert Denarians. Eventually the group gain one of the Coins. Hey presto; compel time.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 07:25:18 PM »
IIRC< WoJ says that the coins are there because these are the angles Satan is AFRAID of getting loose.  'Nuff said.

I could see the forces of Down Below showing up to attempt to stop the players once they find out someone is trying to kill Nic and possibly unmake a coin. Lucifer wouldn't want Anduriel loose.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline benign

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 05:21:44 PM »
I could even see the plot being a clever ploy to trick the players into unmaking a coin, which would release the fallen angel inside. Nic (or any other nicklehead) maneuvers things such that the players hate him and have access to a means to unmake one of the coins. Or he learns that they have access to such a thing, and hatches the plot. Then he puts on a big show of trying to resist them, they win the day, and unknowingly play right into his hands by freeing a fallen archangel!

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
I could even see the plot being a clever ploy to trick the players into unmaking a coin, which would release the fallen angel inside. Nic (or any other nicklehead) maneuvers things such that the players hate him and have access to a means to unmake one of the coins. Or he learns that they have access to such a thing, and hatches the plot. Then he puts on a big show of trying to resist them, they win the day, and unknowingly play right into his hands by freeing a fallen archangel!

Played through a plot similar to this.  It was a lot of fun.  Then I got an ego after we succeeded in stopping the freed big bad (we had some help...).  I wanted to stop the Denarians by smoking all of them and dealing with said archangels.  Which thankfully was vetoed by my in-game party members.  Still was lots of fun, I encourage trying it out.