Author Topic: "Pure Mortal" bonus  (Read 3698 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: "Pure Mortal" bonus
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
Probably. Though that could have been a flukey "roll".

Funny thing is that Harry might well have died if he had tried the same thing as Murphy before becoming Winter Knight. He was more fragile than her, mechanically speaking, before he picked up those physical powers.

On the other hand he could have killed the Fomor quicker.

On the other other hand he would likely have lost initiative because the Fomor have Speed.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »
I played in a long term game as a KoC.

I had amazing armor.

I still couldn't take the beating the guys with speed or toughness or both could. Let alone wizards with awesome enchanted items

Eventually, mortals with all the fate points in the world (exaggeration obviously) still lack the durability to fight some things.

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 04:37:41 AM »
I played in a long term game as a KoC.

I had amazing armor.

I still couldn't take the beating the guys with speed or toughness or both could. Let alone wizards with awesome enchanted items

Eventually, mortals with all the fate points in the world (exaggeration obviously) still lack the durability to fight some things.
Could you explain what you mean by amazing armor? Armor 5?

A Pure Mortal's only edge is that he has slightly more Fate Points than the rest. So he is likely to be able to do *something* 2 more times than his mystically empowered counterparts.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 02:59:26 AM »
Initially I had no armor then got some pretty standard stuff.

The main armor I had late game:

Armor three with no penalty all the time.

Eventually I got an upgrade that allowed me to use it like an enchanted item for 6 armor once err maybe twice per session using the same "charges" rule as enchanted items.

Why?

I was too squishy to fight what others were fighting.  Even if I almost completely dodged I was sucking up a weapon rating between 6 and 10. Having no extra stresses made for a bad day....

Aside from durability I think Pure Mortals or mostly mortals (which lose that +2 Refresh) can keep up with the supernatural just fine.  Which is why my first post about the +2 being fine was made.  I also still stand by the opinion that the proposed changes aren't going to over power Pure Mortals.