Author Topic: Morlun  (Read 11563 times)

Offline Spectacular Sameth

• Posty McPostington
  • At least 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
Morlun
« on: August 01, 2007, 05:24:33 AM »
Okay, I'm kind of confused about something. In The Darkest Hour, Spidey says that he killed Morlun by injecting himself with radioactive material and letting Morlun drain him and then Morlun's guy shot him in the chest when he was weakened, but I read on Wikipedia that it happened differently in the comic. I read that Morlun ripped Spidey's eye out and when he was in the hospital, Morlun went after Mary Jane and Peter got pissed so he mutated into a giant spider and killed Morlun and then died himself only to be born from a cocoon.

So then which is true? I thought they were both Amazing Spider-man.

Offline Valiar Marcus

• Conversationalist
  • Don't mess with my man Harry, dig?
    • View Profile
Re: Morlun
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 07:48:34 PM »
Okay, I'm kind of confused about something. In The Darkest Hour, Spidey says that he killed Morlun by injecting himself with radioactive material and letting Morlun drain him and then Morlun's guy shot him in the chest when he was weakened, but I read on Wikipedia that it happened differently in the comic. I read that Morlun ripped Spidey's eye out and when he was in the hospital, Morlun went after Mary Jane and Peter got pissed so he mutated into a giant spider and killed Morlun and then died himself only to be born from a cocoon.

So then which is true? I thought they were both Amazing Spider-man.

Well, I'd have to say that 'true' is definitely a malleable concept in the comic world. ;)  Personally I find Jim's explanation more plausible by far.  Heck, maybe he changed it because the whole 'mutate-into-giant-spider' thing just doesn't seem to work well.
Chad Mitchell

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes. Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Star_Controller

• Conversationalist
  • Member of the Black Spathi Squadron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:43:54 AM »
Well... either Wikipedia's been having some fun with you... or you're having some fun with us :)
You want to read the TPB Amazing Spider-Man: Coming Home By JM Straczynski 
It covers the Morlun issues, and is a darn good Trade Paperback as well.
Nine-tenths of the universe, in fact, is the paperwork.

"I will *hear* you." --Dak'kon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 02:34:38 AM »
Maybe he didn't kill Morlun in the Wikipedia entry I read based on Morlun.

Offline King of De Nile

• Conversationalist
  • Are your feet wet? And can you see the pyramids?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »
Morlun came back. The part with him ripping out Peter's eye and chasing him to the hospital is set after Jim's novel, during "The Other" storyline. Think of Morlun's first "death" as a comic book death.
Our garden was debated territory between five local cats, and we'd heard that the best way to keep other cats out of the garden was to have one yourself. A moment's rational thought here will spot the slight flaw in this reasoning.      --Terry Pratchett

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »
Ah, thanks, King. You know, I should expand my Spider-man reading to Amazing, but it's so hard to catch up. I'm way back in the Lee/Ditko days. Although, I have been reading the Ultimate Spider-man comics.