Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259031 times)

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #645 on: October 28, 2015, 02:18:00 AM »
Paul Blackthorne as Malcolm Dresden.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 28, 2015, 01:42:20 PM »
Paul Blackthorne as Malcolm Dresden.
Seconded. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 28, 2015, 02:24:51 PM »
Nope. He is Harry.
Also, someone remembers if Malcolm is as tall as Harry?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 28, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »
Nope. He is Harry.
Also, someone remembers if Malcolm is as tall as Harry?
Well, sure, but then these days Barry Allen's dad was once Barry Allen himself, and Supergirl's dad was once Superman.  It's proven to give nerd-ans an easy thrill without having to work too hard plot-wise.  Nerd-fans loves us some cameo's  ;D 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline ShadowX81

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 15, 2015, 10:22:27 PM »
Anyone ever suggested Christopher Gorham for Harry?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 16, 2015, 03:23:32 PM »
Anyone ever suggested Christopher Gorham for Harry?

Id take him over the Supernatural kid everybody likes to suggest.  I have doubts that he could pull off the Terrifying dark god of Chaos and Structure Fires, in terms of acting range.  He's done occasional decent acting in what Ive seen of his work, though fwiw he is absolutely terrible at pretending to be blind. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

wizard nelson

« Reply #651 on: November 16, 2015, 04:43:48 PM »
Id take him over the Supernatural kid everybody likes to suggest.  I have doubts that he could pull off the Terrifying dark god of Chaos and Structure Fires, in terms of acting range.  He's done occasional decent acting in what Ive seen of his work, though fwiw he is absolutely terrible at pretending to be blind.
jared padelacki?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 16, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »
jared padelacki?
Thats the guy.  I long thought he was one of the crappier elements of the show, and I can never remember how to spell his name. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

wizard nelson

« Reply #653 on: November 16, 2015, 05:33:07 PM »
Thats the guy.  I long thought he was one of the crappier elements of the show, and I can never remember how to spell his name.
Lol, I'm not sure I did it right either. I like sam's character though I mean who doesn't like the guy
(click to show/hide)
Funny you should mention that though, I'd never heard of him as Dresden... But looking at the cover of changes zoomed in as a wallpaper I thought to myself "he looks like sam there." Lol

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 16, 2015, 05:44:29 PM »
Padalecki (and I don't like him for Harry at all)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

wizard nelson

« Reply #655 on: November 17, 2015, 02:33:32 PM »
Padalecki (and I don't like him for Harry at all)
Ahhh prejudice. His looks are spot on but from his role in Supernatural I couldnt quite see him playing Harry. Which doesnt mean he couldnt, i just dont see it.... Now MM Harry on the other hand might be simular to His lucifer personae.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 17, 2015, 04:01:09 PM »
Ahhh prejudice. His looks are spot on but from his role in Supernatural I couldnt quite see him playing Harry. Which doesnt mean he couldnt, i just dont see it.... Now MM Harry on the other hand might be simular to His lucifer personae.
Eh, I mostly just thought he was a bad actor, and the middle seasons when he was so obviously working with a vocal coach to lower his speaking voice were just painful. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 17, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »
Prejudice? It's not. He doesn't look like Harry! He is too muscular and...broad. I accept tall is spot on but for me Harry looks like Blackthorne or something like that, Jared has the face of a good kid. I remember once I found an Argentine actor who looked just like the Harry in my mind but now I don't remember who he was. I'll try to find him but I don't know if it is in this thread.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 17, 2015, 06:23:48 PM »
Prejudice? It's not. He doesn't look like Harry! He is too muscular and...broad. I accept tall is spot on but for me Harry looks like Blackthorne or something like that, Jared has the face of a good kid. I remember once I found an Argentine actor who looked just like the Harry in my mind but now I don't remember who he was. I'll try to find him but I don't know if it is in this thread.
That's part of it for me too: he has an unfortunate case of baby-face.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

wizard nelson

« Reply #659 on: November 19, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »
Ahhh Harry dose start to gain those descriptive features as the DF moves along though?
Quote from: Prejudice
an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
Idk it tends to qualify under the first part. people just get all in a huff if you use that word I think, though admittedly its not done without though or reason here.
I genuinely disagree about the baby face being a problem. especially for a wizard who is not actually aging like a normal person. But I don't think he has a good kid face anymore than I do lol. which ya, I'm twenty eight, people think I should be about twenty. But that doesn't mean that baby face is the face of a saint lol. He did good for me as lucifer anyway. I can get why he's not the most popular person for Dresden... but that I'd directly attribute to prejudice, cause without SN, No knowledge equals no reason not to like him. So something was seen or felt from previous experiances to make you feel he's not up to snuff?