Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 258778 times)

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #570 on: June 07, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
Vadderung/Odin/Kringle:

(First choice was Kris Kristofferson, but recent photos of him suggest he'd be too old for Vadderung, unless makeup and maybe CGI could fix him up sufficiently).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:27:38 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »
This is really sad, but I have a whole Google Doc devoted to this. There are several gaps, but here’s who I have so far. They’re behind spoilers because I’ve embedded a ton of images.

Ooh, Denarian, I love your picks for the White Council. Plus George Takei as Shiro. Awesome. Plus, I've also always seen Josh Hutcherson (or Daniel Radcliffe) as Daniel Carpenter. Emma Stone would make a great Lily. And Laverne Cox - YES! And your pick for Inari is great, too.

Bilal - that's Geoff Bridges you're casting as Donar/Odin, right? Awesomely appropriate pics.

Griff - that guy would be perfect as Nicky.
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 08, 2015, 03:13:22 PM »
Bilal - that's Geoff Bridges you're casting as Donar/Odin, right? Awesomely appropriate pics.

Yeah, I meant that Kris K was my first choice, but in recent photos I found of him he seems to have aged to where he's no longer appropriate to the role.  Jeff Bridges was always my second choice.  Now promoted to first.  They need to hurry up and make the damned movies or he'll be too old, too.

Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 08, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »
Lupita Nyong'o as the Angel of Death in GS (always envisioned her for the part):

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
Rawlins:

Sanya:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:59:05 PM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
Lord Hern/the Erl Koenig (will require some makeup/prosthesis, but he's been there, done that):

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:10:07 PM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2015, 08:59:06 PM »
No Idris Elba for Erlking?

Dorn would make a better Rawlins, and Hudsdon could Stallings.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2015, 09:09:33 PM »
Manu Bennett is my current as Elrking

I dont have a good Sanya, ever since Michael Duncan Clark passed away :'(

It is unavoidable that James Marsters MUST be cast as something, he deserves to be involved.  I Vote him as Nicodemus; he is the perfect build and tone, so long as he's not a bleach blond.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 08, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »

I dont have a good Sanya, ever since Michael Duncan Clark passed away :'(

Erl and Sanya are negotiable, but I can't visualize Rawlins as anyone else but Mr. Hudson.  No more than I can visualize a clean-shaven Sanya.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:45:44 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2015, 05:09:31 AM »
Vadderung/Odin/Kringle:

(click to show/hide)

(First choice was Kris Kristofferson, but recent photos of him suggest he'd be too old for Vadderung, unless makeup and maybe CGI could fix him up sufficiently).
See, for me Ebenezar was always a toss-up between Jeff here, and Tommy Lee Jones. Now I’m starting to see Jeff as Vadderung. Dammit, stop that! If we could somehow put Patrick Stewart’s voice and personality inside Jeff Bridges… guh, now I’m conflicted.
Ooh, he’s perfect! I had Michael Shannon but yours is so much better.
Here’s my pick for Carmichael:

Ooh, Denarian, I love your picks for the White Council. Plus George Takei as Shiro. Awesome. Plus, I've also always seen Josh Hutcherson (or Daniel Radcliffe) as Daniel Carpenter. Emma Stone would make a great Lily. And Laverne Cox - YES! And your pick for Inari is great, too.
Thank you!
I freaking love Laverne Cox and am currently calculating how to get to the parallel reality where she was cast as Wonder Woman. ;D Inari was kind of last minute but all the others you just mentioned clicked into place right away. Like I never saw anyone else but Malkovich as LaFortier, or Nichols as Martha Liberty. Josh Hutcherson I immediately thought of as Daniel Carpenter, which is weird because I’m not even a big Hunger Games fan. Takei as Shiro seemed odd at first, until I remembered Sulu was a fencer. And George Takei is the coolest, fittest older Japanese man I can imagine.

Also, can I just say how impressed I am with the members of this forum that nobody complained about my choice for Billy?
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2015, 05:36:00 AM »
Billy? I have zero problem with that choice. I wouldn't back some others, though, but I share same.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 09, 2015, 06:12:17 AM »
He just slotted into place. Michael B. Jordan is the one thing I’m looking forward to about the new F4 movie.

I’m still utterly stuck for Butters and Bianca though. :(
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 09, 2015, 06:52:32 AM »
He just slotted into place. Michael B. Jordan is the one thing I’m looking forward to about the new F4 movie.

I’m still utterly stuck for Butters and Bianca though. :(

I picked Michael Shannon either for Agent Tilly or Fr. Roarke Douglas.  Wish I could agree with your commendation of forum participants for not complaining about your choice for Billy Borden, but when I suggested Will Smith for Harry the villagers gathered with their torches and pitchforks.  Despite the fact JB himself made the same call.

PS: Pat Morita woulda been my pick for Shiro, if he was still living (may Allah have Mercy on him).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:34:20 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 09, 2015, 07:33:14 AM »
The Naagloshii (just add yellow paint):

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 09, 2015, 07:38:24 AM »
Warden Carlos Ramirez (bearded and beardless versions):

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:39:55 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »