Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 257599 times)

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2014, 12:24:31 AM »
I want some roles for Chloe Moretz and Anna Sophia Robb

I always liked the idea of Chloe Moretz for Molly. Of course that was when both Molly and Chloe were much younger but I still wouldn't complain if they cast her for the role.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:32 AM »
Ever since someone told me Liam Neeson as Morgan, I can't see anyone else.

Me too, I've been unable to see anyone else in this role since I heard this one.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Mith

• Posty McPostington
  • Granny Winter, You're the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2014, 07:18:24 PM »
This may have already been listed. but a theme song for THomas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhSA9H9Iaqw&feature=kp
Mister will never die, because Jim has already been threatened with typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes and smog by the betas if he tries to off Mister.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
Captain Hammer in Dr. Horrible, in a manner of speaking? ;)

I agree - Mal takes 15 times as much of a beating as he should be able to, just like Harry, but that's where the resemblance ends for me. His looks aren't angular enough and I don't think he could pull off the super-rages Harry gets into in, say, the Hellfire days.
I agree that he doesnt fit the look, and I dont know about the Hellfire Rages, but I will say that in a recentish episode of Castle, when his daughter was kidnapped, he definitely proved he can do frightening dark.  Put a beard on him and I could easily get behind him as a choice for Michael.

Me too, I've been unable to see anyone else in this role since I heard this one.
Once I got past him being an uptight brit instead of the black dude from the Series, Ive had him stuck as Clancy Brown.  Liam Neeson is formidable enough, despite his shockingly advanced age (currently 62!) but he always strikes me as too reasonable for Morgan.  Ive never seen him as the spittle spraying fanatic that Morgan would need to be much of the time. 

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »
Once I got past him being an uptight brit instead of the black dude from the Series, Ive had him stuck as Clancy Brown.  Liam Neeson is formidable enough, despite his shockingly advanced age (currently 62!) but he always strikes me as too reasonable for Morgan.  Ive never seen him as the spittle spraying fanatic that Morgan would need to be much of the time.

I don't recall why, but for some reason I thought Morgan was German instead of British.  Anyways, I think Clancy Brown would be great for almost any role, he's one of my favorite actors.  He seems to usually end up playing bad guys, and he makes a good bad guy, but I heard he's actually a very, very nice guy in real life, maybe he could even make a decent Michael.  He would definitely be great for Morgan though.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2014, 05:42:48 PM »
I don't recall why, but for some reason I thought Morgan was German instead of British.  Anyways, I think Clancy Brown would be great for almost any role, he's one of my favorite actors.  He seems to usually end up playing bad guys, and he makes a good bad guy, but I heard he's actually a very, very nice guy in real life, maybe he could even make a decent Michael.  He would definitely be great for Morgan though.
I think he is described as having a British accent but its possible Im assuming that from the overwhelmingly British tone of the Council.  He uses some form of old Germanic for his spells, so that may be were the German came in.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2014, 07:22:49 PM »
He uses some form of old Germanic for his spells, so that may be were the German came in.

Aha, I think you're right, that's probably where I got the German from.  Now that I think about it, I don't recall Morgan's nationality ever being definitively stated in the series

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2014, 02:53:29 AM »
I'd say Neil Patrick Harris for Harry if NPH were taller. Chris Hemsworth would make a great Thomas, I think. Or perhaps Uriel? 8)

And what of Karl Urban for Harry Dresden? He can do wisecracking, he can do serious, he can do scary.

Tell me that's not Harry.
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2014, 02:16:09 PM »
I'd say Neil Patrick Harris for Harry if NPH were taller. Chris Hemsworth would make a great Thomas, I think. Or perhaps Uriel? 8)

And what of Karl Urban for Harry Dresden? He can do wisecracking, he can do serious, he can do scary.

Tell me that's not Harry.
I could go with that.  Especially after Almost Human, where he played a very Harry-style cop.   A little too beefy for the descriptions, methinks, but not enough to disqualify him.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
Hemsworth is too beefy for Thomas. Thomas should be fit and muscular but in a thin and willowy kind of way ala Zac Efron or Matthew McConahay. Not suggesting either of them just their body type.....though now that I think about it, Zac could be good. Still going with Ben Barnes though.

What are your thoughts on Amanda Seyfried for Justine?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2014, 05:25:57 PM »
What are your thoughts on Amanda Seyfried for Justine?
It could certainly work, but I think Id rather her for one of the Fae Ladies, which I think she'd kill at.  For Justine Id prefer somebody with a bit more of a vulnerable Girl-Next-Door type, somebody that Harry can instinctively desire to protect against his better judgement.  Though I cant actually think of such an actress off hand, now that I try. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »
How about Zooey Deschanel for Justine.  I realize she's not blonde but that's not really a problem.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2014, 07:10:20 PM »
How about Zooey Deschanel for Justine.  I realize she's not blonde but that's not really a problem.

Wasn't Justine originally a brunette before Thomas almost ate her to death?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2014, 07:53:29 PM »
Nathan Filion - Dresden
Orando Bloom - Thomas
Malcolm Mcdowell - Eb
Kate Upton - Molly Carpenter
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Karin Murphy
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »
Jeffery Morgan - Marcone
Brock Lesnar - Mr.Hendricks
Lucy Lawless - Gard
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.