Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 258642 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
He was the first image in my mind when Nic appeared.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2014, 01:18:53 AM »
He was the first image in my mind when Nic appeared.

Great minds think alike.  Sometimes.  I admit that my first visualizations for both Morgan AND Nicodemus were Lani Tupu.  Dark hair, ponytail, beard, etc.  But Curry would work, I think.  A younger Curry DEFINITELY would have.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Lewa

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2014, 04:10:27 PM »
I see Binder as Ricky Gervais, except shave his head obviously.

Offline Eami

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2014, 08:08:47 PM »
My sister sent me this picture the other day labelled "Harry and Thomas"

We've liked Joe Manganiello for the role for a little while now, Jim recently agreed at a q&a (not to us though)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2014, 10:00:20 PM »
I see Binder as Ricky Gervais, except shave his head obviously.

Sorry, Mark Sheppard has already been cast as Binder.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2014, 12:17:25 AM »
Sorry, Mark Sheppard has already been cast as Binder.
I was all ready to tell you that rather than this Mark Sheppard person, we needed to get Crowley from Supernatural

Ironically, I didn't see Sheppard as Binder in TC, but I did in SG.  I blame the prevalence of him on all of my shows lately (last season's recurrence on White Collar; Supernatural; Warehouse 13)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2014, 04:18:06 AM »
I was all ready to tell you that rather than this Mark Sheppard person, we needed to get Crowley from Supernatural

Ironically, I didn't see Sheppard as Binder in TC, but I did in SG.  I blame the prevalence of him on all of my shows lately (last season's recurrence on White Collar; Supernatural; Warehouse 13)

I can't put the blame on that.  Haven't seen him in anything since the Firefly series ('cause I have that on DVD).  Don't watch TV.  But he's been Binder since his first appearence TC for me.  Wasn't just the British accent.  I think it was Binder's style of sarcasm (similar to Badger's), and some of his expressions.

Sheppard's accent is kinda muddled, anyway--I can usually distinguish 'tween POMEs' and Aussies' 'cause two of my grandchildren have spoken the latter since birth.

But I can't distinguish in Sheppard's case.  There seems to be a little "upward" inflection at the end of most sentences in Oz-Speak that frequently makes 'em sound like questions.  Don't hear that in most UK accents, and don't hear it from Sheppard.  But otherwise (at least in his 'Badger' role) he felt Aussie...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2014, 04:20:43 AM »
Mm, what about Littlefinger actor for Nic?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2014, 05:06:08 AM »
Mm, what about Littlefinger actor for Nic?

Sorry, Dina...who?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2014, 05:09:33 AM »
Sorry, Game of Thrones Littlefinger, I don't know the name of the actor who plays him.

Missing you, Md 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2014, 05:17:18 AM »
Sorry, Game of Thrones Littlefinger, I don't know the name of the actor who plays him.

Ah, gotcha.  I've read the books (more than once, and due for a reread if I can find the time), but I haven't seen the HBO series.  And no, I don't know the actor's name either.  Have the same problem with an actor who I have visualized as Michael Carpenter from the very beginning.  Simply CAN'T remember his name or what he played in, but he's perfect for the role...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »
Thanks noquiexis! It's Aidan Gillen. I could have searched for it, I guess I was just having a lazy moment, sorry.
I think his voice sounds right for Nicodemus in my mind. I had pictured Nic as somebody more Latin (like Italian) but I can't think any Latin looking actor that convinces me. Aidan does a good job as a Macchiavellian character.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2014, 03:16:04 PM »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:38:16 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2014, 04:28:21 PM »
Griffyn612,

Nice work! Did you do these? Good match for all of the actors (and actress) to the characters!

8) ;) 8)
It's just an online app that lets you turn a picture into a sketch.  Those are the actors I felt best capture the essence of the characters.  I decided to try and capture that essence, rather than focus on the 'casting'.

It all started with this one.  I thought it captured the moment between Mab and Harry in CD.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:30:49 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2014, 05:19:14 PM »
Griffyn612 wrote:
     Could we please have a link for that app? Another forum that I frequent is heavily into photography, and we are always looking for new treatments for our pictures. Thank you!

:D :) :D
Sure thing.  It's about as easy as it comes.  Just need to make sure your picture is centered correctly for what you want the focus to be.

http://photofunia.com/effects/sketch