Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259107 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #660 on: November 19, 2015, 06:17:58 PM »
Again, it's not a prejudice. I am not saying he is a bad actor or anything. I liked him since he was "Dean" in Gilmore Gilrs. He just doesn´t look that the Harry in my mind. I am not saying he has a baby face. Young is ok for a wizard. I am saying he looks like a good kid. And Harry shouldn´t. 
And I didn't get the impression Harry is becoming "wider" but all the opposite, I thought he looked very slender. Muscular yes, because he runs, do parkour and all that.
So, stop saying that without SN there is no reason not to like him. We are telling you our reasons, he doesn't look like the Harry we imagine. Of course you are free to disagree with that and think he is a very good choice. That is ok, we all have different ideas of Harry, after all. But it is not ok that you insisted in accuse people of prejudiced when you yourself accepted we have reasons here.
For me, the only thing "in favor" of him as Harry is his height. I don't believe that is enough.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

wizard nelson

« Reply #661 on: November 19, 2015, 07:37:51 PM »
And I didn't get the impression Harry is becoming "wider" but all the opposite, I thought he looked very slender. Muscular yes, because he runs, do parkour and all that.
the weightlifting seemed to make him a bit wider... I guess I could be contributing that to perspective.
So, stop saying that without SN there is no reason not to like him. We are telling you our reasons, he doesn't look like the Harry we imagine. Of course you are free to disagree with that and think he is a very good choice. That is ok, we all have different ideas of Harry, after all. But it is not ok that you insisted in accuse people of prejudiced when you yourself accepted we have reasons here.
Whoa there cowgirl, hold on. I meant no offence or slight upon your opinion. Sorry if you feel prejudice is too strong of a word. I was using it in a slightly more narrow definition than prejudice against the actor himself. but at the idea of him playing Dresden... which you do admittedly disagree with? You might say, I'm prejudice towards Jared as Dresden, because I like him as Sam(had no idea about the gilmore girls thing...)
For me, the only thing "in favor" of him as Harry is his height. I don't believe that is enough.
I like him for the wild hair that I imagine SK Harry had, add a beard and loose a bit of weight and he'd have a good emaciated look, specifically because of his usually rounder face. His acting chops are either or, He might pull it off, He might not. I'd still like to see the screen audition...
*and as I mentioned above, and do swear by, literally the night before looking in on this thread I looked at my CH wallpaper and thought he looked like sam in that shot.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:41:34 PM by wizard nelson »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 19, 2015, 08:07:51 PM »
Then I am probably misunderstanding you, sorry about that but you really sounded offensive to me.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

wizard nelson

« Reply #663 on: November 19, 2015, 08:16:31 PM »
Then I am probably misunderstanding you, sorry about that but you really sounded offensive to me.
oops? I'm not sure how excepting the possibility that word was keyed on in correlation to other diverse definitions, some of which were found to be offensive to be considered prejudice?
Sorry...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 19, 2015, 11:55:23 PM »
It's all right, sorry I am so touchy.
Missing you, Md 

Offline jakmarcus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 08, 2015, 03:26:45 AM »
John Marcone = Armand Asante

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 08, 2015, 05:45:46 PM »
John Marcone = Armand Asante
Nah, I would never buy that guy being anywhere near as physcially capable as Marcone is.  He's spot on for the Mob Boss scenes, but throwing a knife with one hand tied behind his back while hanging upsidedown over a Loup garou pit, to perfectly cut a rope so that it falls down directly in front of harry?  Chasing Fallen Angels on the top of a moving train?  No, for me Marcone needs to be on the younger side of middle aged in my book. 

My top votes these days are Adrian Pasdar for a grim version, or Ed Quinn for the laugh-line version described more in the earlier books, before Harry's descriptions were skewed by his Soul of a Tiger image
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Sibelis

« Reply #667 on: December 11, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »
Nah, I would never buy that guy being anywhere near as physcially capable as Marcone is.  He's spot on for the Mob Boss scenes, but throwing a knife with one hand tied behind his back while hanging upsidedown over a Loup garou pit, to perfectly cut a rope so that it falls down directly in front of harry?  Chasing Fallen Angels on the top of a moving train?  No, for me Marcone needs to be on the younger side of middle aged in my book. 

My top votes these days are Adrian Pasdar for a grim version, or Ed Quinn for the laugh-line version described more in the earlier books, before Harry's descriptions were skewed by his Soul of a Tiger image
Idk I guess he is getting old, but from the guy who played Odysseus I could see him as Marcone, just silver his hair and he looks similar enough. Perhaps a younger Armand...

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2015, 04:30:04 PM »
Idk I guess he is getting old, but from the guy who played Odysseus I could see him as Marcone, just silver his hair and he looks similar enough. Perhaps a younger Armand...
Perhaps... thought I always imagined Marcone having a tad more of an... I dunno, Ambiguous face?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Sibelis

« Reply #669 on: December 11, 2015, 04:32:43 PM »
Perhaps... thought I always imagined Marcone having a tad more of an... I dunno, Ambiguous face?
Uhh so Marcone should be played by a famous poker player?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 11, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »
Uhh so Marcone should be played by a famous poker player?
No, though the stone faced LTW should.   It's just that Im stuck on the description from the very beginning, where he was stated to not resemble a typical Mob boss at all, he's a guy with deep laugh lines on his face, a twinkle in his eye, and an enthusiastic manner.  He was the guy that would smile and maybe apologize for the necessity, right before he ordered you shot in the face. 

A man of handsome and unassuming features, dressed in a casual sports jacket and Levi's, regarded me with a smile. "And you would be?" I asked him.

His smile widened, and I swear it made his eyes twinkle.

Gentleman Johnny Marcone didn't look like the sort of man who would have my legs broken or my jaw wired shut. His salt-and-pepper hair was cut short, and there were lines from sun and smiling etched into the corners of his eyes. His eyes were the green of well-worn dollar bills. He seemed more like a college football coach: good-looking, tanned, athletic, and enthusiastic. The impression was reinforced by the men he kept with him. Cujo Hendricks hulked like an all-pro player who had been ousted for extreme unnecessary roughness.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Sibelis

« Reply #671 on: December 11, 2015, 05:14:20 PM »
No, though the stone faced LTW should.   It's just that Im stuck on the description from the very beginning, where he was stated to not resemble a typical Mob boss at all, he's a guy with deep laugh lines on his face, a twinkle in his eye, and an enthusiastic manner.  He was the guy that would smile and maybe apologize for the necessity, right before he ordered you shot in the face.
Ahh how about couch yost from remember the Titans then? I could see it quite well with that description lol.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 11, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »
Ahh how about couch yost from remember the Titans then? I could see it quite well with that description lol.
Yes, actually!  Ive seen that actor straddle the good and bad line a time or to, and he can do it well. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Sibelis

« Reply #673 on: December 11, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »
Yes, actually!  Ive seen that actor straddle the good and bad line a time or to, and he can do it well.
Ha! Yea, I'd forgotten about anything else he did, but you mentioning his bad guy roles gave me a good mental image from, some movie I can't remember... He wasn't the 2nd in command guy in the punisher with Tom Jane was he? I think that was it.

Offline mebeksis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 15, 2015, 09:32:13 PM »
If nathan fillion for harry, we gotta have a certain baldwin for kincaid...just cuz