Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 258626 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2014, 12:22:27 PM »
Nice list!  I agree with 90% of it.  As Much as I like Dwayne Johnson as an actor I dont see him for the uptight brit that is morgan.  Otherwise you cast several of the roles younger than I would have, but that is more an issue with my perceptions and feeling old than anything else.  I realize they should look like theyre in their 20's but I dont want them looking that much younger than me  :'(
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »
My pick is charlize theron for murphy.  Though she played unhinged well enough in that snow white flick Id say she's a redhead dye job away from being a good Lea as well.

Charlize is *WAY* too tall for Murphy.  Speaking of unhinged, I think she'd make an excellent Mab

Offline strangelyfe

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2014, 10:48:07 PM »
Well I chose the casting because it would fit in with certain ways the books are read, and a younger actor panel will also bring those actors fanbase with them to check out the film and of course the books. Personally if i made a few more tweaks some ppl wouldbe changed but i thought casting wise it was about 93% spot on haha

Offline inpherno

• Lurker
  • “Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2014, 01:33:50 AM »
Paul Blackstone was not what I pictured Harry to be, but he did alright in the series.  His last name made him a good choice by itself.  James Marsters' voice acting makes me want to nominate him to play our hero.
I talk like a drunk man walks.  In every which way but where he is headed.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
I've looked Dylan O'Brian each session on teen Wolf, but his performance in s3p2 was epic. I now want him to be someone in a Dresden show/movie. he might be to young for butters, and to small for Borden, but he needs to be cast.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 12:58:29 PM »
Charlize is *WAY* too tall for Murphy.  Speaking of unhinged, I think she'd make an excellent Mab
Youre not wrong, but then Hugh Jackman was WAAAY too tall to play Wolverine and he did a fine job.  Massive height differences work fine in print, but when you actually have to start framing a shot around one character that is staring at the navel of the other it gets problematic.  As long as Harry is at least a few inches taller than Murphy Im happpy, it doesnt actually have to be a 5'0" to 6'5", or whatever their extreme heights are
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2014, 10:02:44 PM »
Youre not wrong, but then Hugh Jackman was WAAAY too tall to play Wolverine and he did a fine job.  Massive height differences work fine in print, but when you actually have to start framing a shot around one character that is staring at the navel of the other it gets problematic.  As long as Harry is at least a few inches taller than Murphy Im happpy, it doesnt actually have to be a 5'0" to 6'5", or whatever their extreme heights are

OK--I remember this popular "dad/hero" type actor that I've always pictured in Michael's role, but can't remember his name or what shows he played it!  ARRRR--curse us and crusssh us!  Been buggin' me since I first met MC.  He had dark brown, almost black hair, some gray.  Usually in a quasi-"Beatles" type haircut, thick mustache, gentle demeanor, usually soft-spoken.  Frequently played a small-town sheriff or cop, usually single parent with a kid or two.  Wore flannel work shirts when not wearing cop uniforms.

Can anybody tell me who this is?  He's best fit for Michael Carpenter.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »
OK--I remember this popular "dad/hero" type actor that I've always pictured in Michael's role, but can't remember his name or what shows he played it!  ARRRR--curse us and crusssh us!  Been buggin' me since I first met MC.  He had dark brown, almost black hair, some gray.  Usually in a quasi-"Beatles" type haircut, thick mustache, gentle demeanor, usually soft-spoken.  Frequently played a small-town sheriff or cop, usually single parent with a kid or two.  Wore flannel work shirts when not wearing cop uniforms.

Can anybody tell me who this is?  He's best fit for Michael Carpenter.

Sam Elliott?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2014, 12:31:31 PM »
If that's him now Id say he's too old for Michael, but would work for several of the older wizards (McCoy, maybe Langrty or Lafortier)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »
Sam Elliott would be terrific as Eb. Either him or Tommy Lee Jones.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »
Sam Elliott would be terrific as Eb. Either him or Tommy Lee Jones.
I think he's too tall for the traditional Eb.  Eb's supposed to be short.  Elliot is 6'2".  I picture more of a Brimley, or Bobby from Supernatural, for Eb.  Elliot might make a good wizard, but he's very western American, and all the other elder wizards are European. 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 12:06:36 AM »
Sam Elliott?

No, not him.  This guy had a higher voice, no "western" (or southern?) accent.  Can't recall his name.  Drivin' me (more) nuts.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2014, 02:07:57 AM »
No, not him.  This guy had a higher voice, no "western" (or southern?) accent.  Can't recall his name.  Drivin' me (more) nuts.
Are you thinking from movies, or television shows? 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2014, 04:16:23 AM »
Are you thinking from movies, or television shows?

Mostly TV.  I think he was in some movies, but hard to say.  Most of my recollections of TV come from airport lobbies...

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2014, 12:49:17 AM »
I have to say, up until very recently, I saw no redeeming qualities about Grant Ward, a character on Marvel's Agents of Shield.  He's played by Brett Dalton, and he was my least favorite character.  But recently, there have been some new developments, and I'm looking at the character, and the actor playing him, in a new light.  And suddenly it popped into my head.

At least physically, Brett Dalton can pull off Harry.  We'll have to see if his acting range improves, and I don't know if he could deliver snark.  I still think the best physical and snark fit for Harry is Eric Balfour.

Is Dalton too pretty to play Harry?