The Dresden Files > DF Books

Perfect Casting Part Three

(1/184) > >>

Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad:
You're probably all gonna say "Oh no, not THIS again" as soon as you see it, but got a couple ideas that I'd like to bounce off folks, and it seems nobody's reading "Part 2" anymore, where I originally posted 'em.  Since I missed out on the fun I'll try to resurrect it somewhat.

My recommendation for Thomas Raith is Michael Wincott--as he appeared in the first "Crow" movie.  Didn't see anyone else make this choice, but I'm not trying to be "different"--I voted with the majority in casting Nathan Fillion (in elevator shoes) as Harry.  It's just that's how I've always pictured Thomas from the very beginning.  Thomas is not just "pretty", he's dangerous.

Same goes for my choice of Robert Loggia (as he appeared as the General in "Independence Day") as Baron John Marcone.  Always pictured him in that role.  Imagine him sitting at a table in Burger King with his fingers steepled while he listens to Harry lip off...

This "automatic" visualization of certain characters has caused problems for me, too--I simply CAN'T help but picture the Naagloshii as Jim Carey in yellow "grinch" makeup and claws!  No matter how hard I try.  I KNOW the Naagloshii is terrifyingly evil, but whenever I think of him I see the image of a yellow Jim Carey/Grinch.  Can't get it out of my head!

Hmmm...guess "perfect soundtrack" would fit in here as well (mentioned this in another post to Dina):

If they ever make a movie out of "Dead Beat", the PERFECT soundtrack for Suzannasaurus Rex's last ride would be the last approx. 25 seconds of Mastodon's "Siberian Divide" (from "Blood Mountain").  Listen to it an tell me you don't agree!

MaSalaam,

Bilal

Edit:
The first edition of this post can be found here
Part 2 may be found here -Serack

Griffyn612:
Re: Perfect Soundtrack

Scene Background Music:
Hurt (Instrumental) by Johnny Cash
 - Scenes at the end of TURN COAT, including the scene with Thomas and Harry at the zoo.
Stay (Instrumental) by Rihanna
 - Scene in DEAD BEAT when Murphy swings by Harry's apartment before going on vacation.

Character Theme Music:
Michael - Halo by Beyonce
 - Featuring highlights from all of Michael's appearances in the series.

Book Music Videos
CHANGES - Iridescent by Linkin Park
 - There are so many parallels between the lyrics in this song and the events of CHANGES that its perfect in my head.
GHOST STORY - Waiting for the End by Linkin Park
 - Same for this one.  I can see a full music video featuring parallels between the lyrics and the book scenes.

Teaser Trailer for Book Release
COLD DAYS - First 31 seconds of Coming Home by P Diddy
 - Trailer would feature dark, cold, vacant snow-covered landscapes of the Carpenter house, the Murphy house, Harry's burnt out house and office, his grave, Chicago, and then a glimpse of Arctis Tor through a blizzard...
 - I wish the song itself were more fitting, because I'd love to fit in that line at the beginning by Diddy:  "If you ever lost your life before... this one's for you"

As a "theme song" or "credit-song" for at least one of the movies:

"The Wizard", an instrumental by Al DeMeola

Mr. Ghostbuster:
Hells Bells by AC/DC needs to be used.

OF COURSE!!!  Goes without saying!

(Do check out "Siberian Divide" by Mastodon, though--listen in particular to last 25 seconds.  Tell me if it don't make you think of Sue tromping on cars right up to where she eats Xian Li...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version