Author Topic: Do Changelings Have Souls?  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Phydestrius

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Do Changelings Have Souls?
« on: July 01, 2017, 01:23:16 AM »
So, it's kind of been established that any mortal being from the physical world has a soul, but a changeling isn't entirely mortal, so do they even get souls in the first place? And even then, when it comes to make "The Choice", whether to become fully Fae or fully mortal, what kind of effect would that have on their soul? I mean, if they became human their soul would change, but if they became fully fae, does that mean that their soul ceases to exist because they lose their free will? Does that count as their death? How would this get explained?

Also, I'm reasonably sure all of this is basic information, but I'm not sure.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Do Changelings Have Souls?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
Here are my thoughts and theory on Souls in the DV ...

Everyone born has a body, a soul, and a spirit.

A body can be destroyed, or killed.
A Spirit is the energy that is used to "animate" the body.
A soul is what is left over when the body's life is over.

So, when someone says that, for instance Mab, has no soul, what they are referring to is her conscience.  Her conscience has gone so far into the seeking power area, that she's "lost" her soul.

Looked at from a Christian perspective, when one loses their soul, it means that they are "damned".  That when they die, their soul is going to hell.

On the other hand, there are folks like Harry and Molly who's souls aren't completely given over to the dark side, so they are still in "possession" of their soul.

While one lives, their soul can always be "redeemed".

All that being said, Yes, I believe that changlings, and folks like Molly who have changed to Fae, have a soul.  However, how far they are into the dark end of the good vs. evil spectrum will help determine if they've "Lost" their souls yet.

So, getting back to Mab, she still has a soul, but at this point it's so dark, that whatever afterlife she believes in, she'll probably be going to the darker portion of it.

On the flip side, depending on what she believes, and which afterlife she chooses (or is chosen for her?) she may go to something like the Elysium fields for doing good work, or Valhalla for being such a great warrior.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---