Author Topic: Javascript Issues and Site Access Problems  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Javascript Issues and Site Access Problems
« on: July 25, 2013, 09:40:21 PM »
My PC, running Windows 8, has recently started giving me trouble when I come to this forum. I can't access the HTML shortcuts, emoticons and font controls when posting something. I can't access spoilers. And I can't do an advanced search.

My Android devices can access this site just fine, only my PC, using either Firefox or IE, seems to be having the problem.

I checked and searched for anything that might explain why but came up empty.

One other site that I use frequently also seems to be having trouble, but others seem to work fine as far as I can tell so far.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline madvogon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Javascript Issues and Site Access Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 10:02:38 PM »
The vogon's wife: Have you recently started using NoScript or another JavaScript blocker? 

If it's NoScript: Right click on the page away from text, entry fields, pictures or buttons.  From the context (pop up) menu, pick NoScript, then "Allow jimbutcheronline.com."  Also try NoScript (again from the context menu), then "Recently blocked sites," then "Allow jimbutcheronline.com."

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Javascript Issues and Site Access Problems
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 04:55:40 AM »
The vogon's wife: Have you recently started using NoScript or another JavaScript blocker? 

If it's NoScript: Right click on the page away from text, entry fields, pictures or buttons.  From the context (pop up) menu, pick NoScript, then "Allow jimbutcheronline.com."  Also try NoScript (again from the context menu), then "Recently blocked sites," then "Allow jimbutcheronline.com."

OMG It Works! I could kiss you! Thank you very much.  :D
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."