Author Topic: Lacuna's true nature (theory) [CD Spoilers]  (Read 27058 times)

Offline DCarpenter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Lacuna's true nature (theory) [CD Spoilers]
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »
This thread has gone way off topic.  Since I largely helped derail it, I figured I'd try to bring it back.

Assuming Lacuna is a tooth fairy, how do we think that will affect her character arc?  Will she have interactions with Maggie?  Maybe Harry can trade her teeth from the Carpenter kids for her loyalty (only slightly a joke).

And did we ever find out if she was wyldfae or summer?

Offline Adak

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2013, 09:19:47 PM »
Not really having to do with the nature of Lacuna but I would like to see Harry assign her to be a guardian/messenger for him to Maggie.  Harry has Toot to be Captain of his house guard, Lacuna could become that for Maggie.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2013, 06:00:29 AM »
 Can the guard be trained to take pictures using an older camera?

Will harry get the number of her armorer and weapon smith? Imagine his guard out fitted just like her.
k moinuddin

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2013, 12:39:53 PM »
I think it more likely that Lacuna will end up serving Molly more than taking on a leadership role in the Guard.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline amblybiguity

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2016, 04:03:48 PM »
While I love the notion that Lucuna is a tooth fairy, I'm sticking with my gut feeling that Lacuna was force fed by Ace, as Ace was trying to duplicate Harry's guard.  Lacuna thinks the pizza made her bigger, which from Toot, we understand is considered a bad thing.

Much like being fat.

I don't think its the pizza making Toot bigger. I think its the experiences. He's taking on bigger, more serious roles. The more responsibility, courage, and serious triumphs he takes, I think he'll become more like a Sidhe than a pixie. I think Lacuna is similar.  I think its a metaphor for leaving childhood (little pixies are very innocent (peter pan like) and fickle) and growing into adulthood.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »
Just an FYI, I edited a comment into the OP that Jim has confirmed that a hint to the secret of her identity is embedded into her name.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2016, 06:08:08 PM »
Awesome theory. I happen to be listening to Cold Days and James Masters delivers Lacuna's line about candy on Halloween with disgust, followed shortly by her flinging Toot-Toot's gift of candy into the garbage disposal. Also, the hooks on her armor could be the heads of the dentist scraper's designed for removing plaque.

I'm pretty certain there is some text with Harry narrating about the Sidhe and explaining that the tooth fairy is real, he knows her and she is seriously scary. Harry has also narrated about Santa in a similar fashion, and we've now met him, so why not the tooth fairy, too?