Author Topic: Brandon Sanderson's 2013 online lectures/workshop up and running.  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
http://www.writeaboutdragons.com/

He's allowing his lectures and assignments to be posted online, and the site basically lets people follow along at home, submitting sections of the piece they write for the class.  Good way to gain some critiques, and he's got a good many interesting things to say about the processes of writing genre fiction.  Be advised Sanderson isn't participating in the online portion, but those lectures have some good stuff, and I've received a few valuable critiques.

Offline slrogers

• Participant
  • Learning the art from those that love the dance...
    • View Profile
    • A blog of my own
Re: Brandon Sanderson's 2013 online lectures/workshop up and running.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
That's so exciting. I just recently discovered Sanderson. ... For those who don't know much about him he also does a podcast with a couple of other authors:  http://www.writingexcuses.com/

I found a lot of stuff from them increadibly usefull.

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
I'm watching Lecture 2 now.  So far it's been stuff I know...  But that's because I've been listening to Writing Excuses and writing for a few years now.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 02:56:04 AM »
Yeah, I watched last year's lecture series, so I've not seen a lot of new material, but it's serving as a source of useful reminders.  Now, the website does have a handy peer-critique format I've gotten some useful feedback on, so even if one just listens to the lectures with half an ear to refresh the memory, those critiques are pretty handy.