Linked Events

• Faerie Con East in Baltimore, MD: November 08, 2013 - November 10, 2013

Author Topic: Jim at Faerie Con East in Baltimore, MD: Nov 8-10, 2013  (Read 20266 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Jim at Faerie Con East in Baltimore, MD: Nov 8-10, 2013
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »
I can't find any previous schedules.  Try contacting the con and asking when the schedule will be posted?

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 08:01:31 PM »
Anyone know when the schedules for these cons are posted?  I don't want to buy tickets for all days if Jim is only going to be there for one of them.

Thanks!

I believe there are only 2 kinds of tickets for Faerie con.  One for access to the entire thing, and one for some of the main events.  My limited con experience is that Jim will probably be involved in the starting ceremonies all the way to the end.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 08:07:58 PM »
I believe there are only 2 kinds of tickets for Faerie con.  One for access to the entire thing, and one for some of the main events.  My limited con experience is that Jim will probably be involved in the starting ceremonies all the way to the end.

I thought it was the reverse? One ticket covers everything, and one covers most everything but a few special things?
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
I thought it was the reverse? One ticket covers everything, and one covers most everything but a few special things?

Take out Some and we are pretty much saying the same thing.  It's been a little while since I visited the site.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 08:14:43 PM »
Take out Some and we are pretty much saying the same thing.  It's been a little while since I visited the site.

Yeah, me too.  So have you figured out if you can go?  :)
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Eibhlin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
We are going.  Are there any plans for a fan dinner?
"All that is gold does not glitter"

Offline elinox

• Lurker
  • Professional Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »
We are going.  Are there any plans for a fan dinner?

Any news on what the boss man is going to be doing at the con yet? I check regularly but haven't seen a posted schedule yet. And do you mean dinner as in 'with the boss man and fans'?!?
"I laugh in the face of cholesterol"

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »
Not sure about either. Either or both would be fun though.

Offline elinox

• Lurker
  • Professional Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 01:37:15 PM »
His schedule has been posted on the Faerie Con website!

Friday November 8th
2-3pm = “Heroes & the Other Guys: Creating Protagonists & Antagonists” with Jim Butcher

Saturday November 9th
1-1:45pm = Seelie & Unseelie: Choosing Sides in Faerie with Jim Butcher, deLint, Marr Zettel
2-3pm = Spotlight on Jim Butcher

Sunday November 10th
11:30am-12:15pm = Faerie in the Marketplace (authors): Owen, Grant, Jim Butcher, Marr

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »
Does anyone know which type of admission is required to see Jim at all of his posted events? I'm assuming the expensive one, but it doesn't say anywhere on the schedule that a specific pass is required.
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)

Offline Jackiee

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »
"Mrs Serack seems kinda game, but she would want to take Lil Serack to an indoor water park or something, and we can't find one in the area.  Anyone know of any other stuff that a mommy can take a *counts on his fingers* 21 month old to in the Baltimore area?"

There is a really neat children's museum near Inner Harbor called Port Discovery. My daughter and I spent a day there before.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
"Mrs Serack seems kinda game, but she would want to take Lil Serack to an indoor water park or something, and we can't find one in the area.  Anyone know of any other stuff that a mommy can take a *counts on his fingers* 21 month old to in the Baltimore area?"

There is a really neat children's museum near Inner Harbor called Port Discovery. My daughter and I spent a day there before.

Thanks!  You know what, I think we saw that when we visited there back in June.  It was after dark when we walked by of course. 

Prices for hotels went up shortly after Stiletto snagged those $60 rooms.  It looks as though we won't be going unless Mrs. Serack's friend in Balt is willing and able to host us. 
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline elinox

• Lurker
  • Professional Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 03:46:37 PM »
Does anyone know which type of admission is required to see Jim at all of his posted events? I'm assuming the expensive one, but it doesn't say anywhere on the schedule that a specific pass is required.

As far as I can tell when I looked, I assume the single day pass is the one we need. It includes admission to the days exhibit halls and programming. Mr. Butcher is listed under the "programming" so I assume that type of pass covers him. At least, I hope it does since its the one I was planning on purchasing! More than likely, I will email Faerie Con staff shortly just to be sure. ;)

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »
As far as I can tell when I looked, I assume the single day pass is the one we need. It includes admission to the days exhibit halls and programming. Mr. Butcher is listed under the "programming" so I assume that type of pass covers him. At least, I hope it does since its the one I was planning on purchasing! More than likely, I will email Faerie Con staff shortly just to be sure. ;)

Keep us posted on their reply if you do e-mail them! It would be awesome if the day pass is all we need!
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »
FaerieCon East
November 8th-10th
Baltimore, MD

Now in it’s sixth year, FaerieCon East remains the largest gathering of faerie artists and authors in the world. And this year, we are making a number of changes and and additions to make your FaerieCon experience even more fun, informative and inspiring. The FaerieCon universe continues to expand to embrace fantasy, steampunk, goth, metaphysics and many other genres who enjoy sharing their diverse interests and passions throughout the weekend.

http://faeriecon.com/

Two quick Questions:
What day would be the best to come out?
Is there a chance of stealing Jim for a Fan Dinner like MarsCon? <-- Subtle Emphasis...

Here's the link to their schedule:
http://faeriecon.com/convention-information/programming/

But I think I've pulled out the interesting bits below:
    Friday November 8th
    • 2:00-3:00 (Tack Suite) Jim Butcher “Heroes and the Other Guys: Creating Protagonists and Antagonists”
    • 5:00-6:00 (Tack Suite) Author Tea: Drop by and see who’s hanging out.
    Saturday November 9th
    • 1:00 – 1:45 (Salon A) Seelie and Unseelie: Choosing Sides in Faerie: Jim Butcher, Charles deLint, Melissa Marr, Sarah Zettel
    • 2:00-3:00 (Garden Room) Spotlight on Jim Butcher
    Sunday November 10th
    • 11:30 – 12:15  (Salon A) Faerie in the Marketplace (Authors): James Owen, Gavin Grant, Jim Butcher, Melissa Marr