Linked Events

• Faerie Con East in Baltimore, MD: November 08, 2013 - November 10, 2013

Author Topic: Jim at Faerie Con East in Baltimore, MD: Nov 8-10, 2013  (Read 20026 times)

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at Faerie Con East in Baltimore, MD: Nov 8-10, 2013
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 08:30:38 PM »
Prices for hotels went up shortly after Stiletto snagged those $60 rooms.  It looks as though we won't be going unless Mrs. Serack's friend in Balt is willing and able to host us.

Heck, I may not be going now... not sure if my parents will be up to taking care of the kids, due to some health issues.  :( If I can't go though, I may be selling that (prepaid!) room and tickets tho.
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Stars and Stones

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »
I'll be there on Saturday if anyone wants to do dinner or if they find out anything about a fan dinner.
Discretion is the better part of not getting exsanguinated.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »
I'm not sure what these $30 balls include, but they may be dinners too, and I know some are planning on attending that.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline acousticnicki

• Participant
  • "Your brain is a very strange place."
    • View Profile
    • Nicki's Music Website
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 07:01:06 PM »
I have never attended a "con", so I'm extremely geeked for FaerieCon next week  ;D   I'd love to meet up with other fans, as well!  Cheers! 
Cheers!
~Nicki

"There are two kinds of people in the universe, Molly," I said.  "Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans.  This is shocking."
She sniffed.  "This is the post-nerd-closet world, Harry.  It's okay to like both."
"Blasphemy and lies," I said.   ~Ghost Story

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 02:39:42 AM »
Looks like I should be good to go! :)
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline elinox

• Lurker
  • Professional Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 02:11:41 PM »
Keep us posted on their reply if you do e-mail them! It would be awesome if the day pass is all we need!

Well, the Faerie Con staff never replied to my email so I bought the single adult day pass for Saturday. It's listed for "days exhibit halls and programming" and his stuff is listed under the programming so that should cover it. (Or it had better since they never responded to me!)

I have yet to see anything about additional Butcher stuff like a dinner or autograph signings though.
"I laugh in the face of cholesterol"

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
Well, the Faerie Con staff never replied to my email so I bought the single adult day pass for Saturday. It's listed for "days exhibit halls and programming" and his stuff is listed under the programming so that should cover it. (Or it had better since they never responded to me!)

I have yet to see anything about additional Butcher stuff like a dinner or autograph signings though.

I'm not confident I understand things right, but I think there will be 2 "Balls" one Friday and one Saturday which aren't covered by the day passes.  I know there will be live music at these, and I'm guessing that there will be food too but I am not sure about that part.  If there is food and they are expecting Jim to be at them, then that would make organizing a fan dinner problematic. 

I promised Mrs. Serack at least one night at a nice dinner, and I was hoping it would be with a bunch of other forum fans and Jim, but I'm not sure how that's going to play out.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline acousticnicki

• Participant
  • "Your brain is a very strange place."
    • View Profile
    • Nicki's Music Website
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 01:53:19 PM »
I'm in for any Friday socializing / dinner.   Didn't plan to attend the "Balls" as I figured I might be all faerie'd out by the end of each day ha ha.   I'd rather chill in the hotel bar or find a nicer - quieter dinner spot.

I'm gigging Saturday night in Philly, so won't be staying the second night...
Cheers!
~Nicki

"There are two kinds of people in the universe, Molly," I said.  "Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans.  This is shocking."
She sniffed.  "This is the post-nerd-closet world, Harry.  It's okay to like both."
"Blasphemy and lies," I said.   ~Ghost Story

Offline Duvodas

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 05:15:37 AM »
Does anyone know if Jim will be doing a signing at this event? There's an "Author spotlight" session, but it is not clear what this includes.

The page on Jim says, "Jim will be participating in our programming and will attend book signing sessions."

http://faeriecon.com/international-best-selling-dresden-files-author-jim-butcher-comes-to-faeriecon-east/

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:19:19 AM by Duvodas »

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 08:32:53 AM »
Q:  Will Jim be doing any signings?
A:  I would assume there will be an opportunity(ies), but they've not been put on a schedule anywhere.  If they announce anything during the convention itself, I will post here.

Q:  Fan dinner?
A:  I dunno that we'll be able to get Jim in on a dinner (maybe, we'll see what happens), but I'm looking into restaurants for a dinner group on Saturday evening.  Probably somewhere in the 6-6:30 range (don't think we'll be able to do anything with a large group, as it's incredibly last-minute, but we'll see).  Again, as soon as I know anything concrete, I will post here.

Other Things
As you've probably gathered, I will be attending the con.  If you want to hang out during the day/catch up on whatever updates/etc, look for the skinny guy in vivid green scrubs.  I'm thinking about running a one-shot DFRPG game one night if that's a thing people might be interested in.

As I said, I'll put updates in this thread as much as I can.  I'll also tweet any updates as I have them at @myyrdneopia.

I hope to see some of you all there.  Please come say "hi!"

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
My husband and I are up for dinner and role playing! I'm not sure what I'll be wearing yet. No costume, but look for the heavyset redhead with shaggy short hair (overdue for a haircut) and a denarius necklace. ;)

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2013, 02:11:51 PM »
Today I'll be wearing blue jeans and a faux-wrap shirt, with swirls of tan and green, plus the blackened denarius necklace.  ;)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
This was sent to me in e-mail this morning ...

Jim is in Hunt Valley, Maryland, for FaerieCon this weekend! Here’s his schedule:

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 8th

2:00-3:00 Workshop: Heroes and the Other Guys: Creating Protagonists and Antagonists

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 9th

1:00 – 1:45 Panel: Seelie and Unseelie: Choosing Sides in Faerie
 Contributing Authors: Jim Butcher, Charles deLint, Melissa Marr, Sarah Zettel

2:00-3:00 Spotlight on Jim Butcher

4:00-5:30 Jim Butcher Autographing

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 10th

11:30 – 12:15 Panel: Faerie in the Marketplace
 Contributing Authors: James Owen, Gavin Grant, Jim Butcher, Melissa Marr, Annette Curtis Klause

12:15-1:45 Jim Butcher Autographing
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »
Hmm, I didn't know the 2 pm thing today was a workshop. Wonder if there is a signup sheet? If there is, or any other things you can sign up for with JB, could someone sign me up if they get there first? We won't be there til around 1. Celia and Bill Visser. Thanks!!! :)

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2013, 06:40:47 PM »
Um? Is there a change in the location of his 2pm event? The room it's supposed to be on - tack room - is dark, empty, and not set up.