Author Topic: The YLC (Why Little Chicago) thread  (Read 48208 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: New thoughts on the YLC (Why Little Chicago) question [series spoilers]
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »
Hey Lea has done crazier things in her time, and she had the ability/entrance too.

Oh god, why am I imagining a terrible ritual involving the stone slab, and little chicago as a catalyst/foci now?

I can remember a WoJ where someone asked if Harry's new summoning ring and Little Chicago and stuff were destroyed in the fire in Changes and Jim said something that left a little wiggle room like, "Everything in the appartment was burnt down.  Fire destroys magical properties, and I wanted to take pretty much everything from Harry in that book" (that might be a few other seperate WoJ's thrown together).

The point is, there was a little bit of wiggle room in that, in that maybe LC wasn't in the appt when it burnt down.  However, this WoJ was released onto the interwebs earlier this week and it leaves much less wiggle room WRT LC.

Interviewer:  And Harry’s lost all of his stuff – even his mini model of Chicago!

Jim:  Yeah, it all burned up in his apartment.]Interviewer:  And Harry’s lost all of his stuff – even his mini model of Chicago!

Jim:  Yeah, it all burned up in his apartment.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:01:09 PM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline rekshek

• Posty McPostington
  • Apathy is the story of my life.
    • View Profile
Re: New thoughts on the YLC (Why Little Chicago) question [series spoilers]
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2013, 05:03:34 PM »
I can remember a WoJ where someone asked if Harry's new summoning ring and Little Chicago and stuff were destroyed in the fire in Changes and Jim said something that left a little wiggle room like, "Everything in the appartment was burnt down.  Fire destroys magical properties, and I wanted to take pretty much everything from Harry in that book" (that might be a few other seperate WoJ's thrown together).

The point is, there was a little bit of wiggle room in that, in that maybe LC wasn't in the appt when it burnt down.  However, this WoJ was released onto the interwebs earlier this week and it leaves much less wiggle room WRT LC.

Interviewer:  And Harry’s lost all of his stuff – even his mini model of Chicago!

Jim:  Yeah, it all burned up in his apartment.

Would you look down on me if I pointed out that he never specifies that mini Chicago burned, and that one could argue that since Lea took it it no longer is Harry's belongings but Mabs?