Author Topic: Accord Question  (Read 1988 times)

Offline PatchR

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Accord Question
« on: May 12, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
If I've read the areas of OW correctly, the Denarians are part of the Unseelie Accords but not the Knights of the Cross?
Administrator of Ragnorak NYC

Plays: Darius Caffrey

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Accord Question
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:32:23 PM »
Correct, and it's stated in one of the books aswell, I'm fairly certain it's in Small Favor.

It's actually pretty logical, once you look at it. If the church or the Knights of the Cross did sign, they would now have obligations to respect and possibly even defend other signatories at times. You just know that someone like Nicodemus would bend and twist situations so that he could screw over the Knights with the Accords... ;)

Offline PatchR

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »
Correct, and it's stated in one of the books aswell, I'm fairly certain it's in Small Favor.

It's actually pretty logical, once you look at it. If the church or the Knights of the Cross did sign, they would now have obligations to respect and possibly even defend other signatories at times. You just know that someone like Nicodemus would bend and twist situations so that he could screw over the Knights with the Accords... ;)
Sure, made sense, and I remembered it from *somewhere* in the books, but I don't own them to even begin to dig through books 5 and 10 to find the one line that would mention that, lol.

Figured I'd go to the mighty Forums with the folks that live and breathe this :)

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:17:39 AM »
Harry mentions it to Michael during Small Favor, saying that they're members of the Accords under a different name. We don't know what the false front is called, though it's not difficult to imagine that everyone knows it's a false front (especially after Small Favor).
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 10:38:11 AM »
I don't remember that! Hmm... Re-read coming up, apparently!

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:19:54 AM »
Ah, my mistake. It was during the conversation with Thomas in his hummer just after the first fight with Tessa's crew.

“I just met them, but already I hate these guys,” Thomas said. “But why are they here? Why now?”

“Offhand? I’d say that they were out to wax Marcone and prove to the other members of the Accords
that vanilla mortals have no place among us weirdos—I mean, superhumans.”

“They’re members of the Accords?”

“I’d have to look it up,” I said. “I doubt they’re signed on as the ‘Order of Demon-possessed
Psychotics.’ But from the way Mantis Girl was talking, yeah.”

Thomas shook his head. “So what do they get out of it? What does taking Marcone prove?”
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
Ah, sorry! I missunderstood you, I thought you meant the Knight of the Cross were in under a different name, and that made me a bit confused that I'd missed it :p

The denarians are probably in under "The Order of the Blackened Denarius" or possibly "The Knights of...", these names did probably have no meaning whatsoever to Harry last time he actually read through the accords properly. (if he ever did...)

Offline PatchR

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:15:22 PM »
Ah, sorry! I missunderstood you, I thought you meant the Knight of the Cross were in under a different name, and that made me a bit confused that I'd missed it :p

The denarians are probably in under "The Order of the Blackened Denarius" or possibly "The Knights of...", these names did probably have no meaning whatsoever to Harry last time he actually read through the accords properly. (if he ever did...)
I'd wager that there isn't a fully written version of the Accords, or if there is, not where Harry can't access it. What he knows of it is probably through Eb or trial-and-error.

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 06:36:27 PM »
Actually, Harry pulls out a copy to check before the duel with Ortega, but gives up on the language after half a sentence or so, getting "the Cliff's Notes version" from Bob ;)

Offline PatchR

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 07:43:28 PM »
Actually, Harry pulls out a copy to check before the duel with Ortega, but gives up on the language after half a sentence or so, getting "the Cliff's Notes version" from Bob ;)
Forgot that, thanks