Author Topic: DFRPG Downloads  (Read 10778 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
DFRPG Downloads
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:51:34 AM »
This is a thread for compiling DFRPG-related stuff that you can download. Character sheets, adventures, pretty pictures, computer programs, and other such things. Not campaign settings, though; there's another thread for those.

None of this stuff was created by me. I just collected and compiled it all in this thread and this folder.

I've included links to the threads (and sites) that the downloads originally came from, but bear in mind that most of those threads (and sites) are old. The links in them are likely to be broken, and even if they work they might lead to outdated documents.

Player Character And City Building Tools

(click to show/hide)

Adventures

(click to show/hide)

Programs

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:49:36 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Downloads
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »
Play Aids

(click to show/hide)

Pictures

(click to show/hide)

Book Material

Non-English Downloads

(click to show/hide)

Dresden Files Accelerated

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:09:32 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »
Well, here we are. This was a lot more work than I expected, but it's mostly done.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed something to this thread, and to apologize if any of those people are bothered that I took their work without asking. I can and will remove your work if you ask me to.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »
To-do list:

-Find hosting for formatilizer.

-Back up German stuff.

-Check if that other spreadsheet by theDwarf is different from the one here, and add it if it is.

-Find someone with a Yahoo account so that they can grab the downloads from here.

-Find someone with a Myth Weavers account so that they can grab the download from here.

-Get this moved to the Resources board.

-Get the various threads that this replaces moved off of the Resources board, for cleanliness's sake.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:23:26 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
Reserving a fifth post is almost certainly overkill, but better safe than sorry.

Oh, and in case it's not obvious...if you have a downloadable thing that isn't already here, post it and I'll add it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:09:31 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 10:37:11 AM »
Holy crap.  Nice work sanctaphrax.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 05:22:53 AM »
Thanks.

Anyway, the to-do list is clearing up nicely. This is going surprisingly well.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »
Holy crap.  Nice work sanctaphrax.
Couldn't put it better.

And you were absolutely right about putting that together Sancta...
I had totally forgotten that the "simple-sheet" spreadsheet was still out there... and that's one of mine   ::) ;D

Nice work and thanks for all the effort.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 12:54:20 AM »
Glad you like the thread, Tsunami. Several of your threads were de-Resourced to make room for it, so it would be a real shame if it didn't live up to your standards.

PS: What do you think of the German resources? I can't read them, but they look really impressive...are they as good as they appear?

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 08:03:10 AM »
The German Resources are pretty good. I usually don't use them much because i think English when i think about the Dresden Files anyways *g*

As for some of my threads you had moved off of the resources board... i'm somewhat concerned about that.
Two of those are more than just places where i mentioned the files. They actually contain some explanation, and are meant to be a place for feedback.
If they fall victim to the 30 day deletion rule, that would not be great.
And i don't see a reason to move threads off the resources board that really just present one Resource. the Board was ment to be a place to preserve that sort of thread.

I'm specifically talking about those two threads.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,25037.0.html
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,31653.0.html

There are some threads that are really a collection of works from several people (including mine). I rather would have thought those would be removed, it would make sense to remove those in favor of a compilation thread.
But for example this one was not:  http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,16789.0.html
makes no sense to me, sorry.
I think it makes more sense to have the compilation thread as something of an index/register of stuff on the resources board.

Anyways, what i'm building up to: If we could move the two threads i mentioned above back to the Resources board. I'd appreciate it.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 08:04:08 PM »
Anyways, what i'm building up to: If we could move the two threads i mentioned above back to the Resources board. I'd appreciate it.

Personally, I'd rather remove as many threads as possible from this board. Even now, it's still too crowded.

I prefer to keep feedback and discussion on the regular board, where it's practical. My ideal Resources board would just be list threads and link compilations.

(I'm thinking maybe we could fold the Custom Powers Master List into the normal Custom Powers thread. And maybe the IoP and Sponsored Magic threads could go there too, since Items of Power and Sponsored Magics are in fact Powers.)

So I personally would rather have those threads on the regular forum.

But I'm not a moderator...even if I wanted to stop you from getting those threads moved back here, I couldn't. Please feel free to report those threads for movement again. (I won't try to volley them back or anything.)

If they fall victim to the 30 day deletion rule, that would not be great.

Don't worry, there's no 30 day deletion rule around here. Your threads aren't going anywhere.

But for example this one was not:  http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,16789.0.html
makes no sense to me, sorry.

Oops, missed that one. My habit of ignoring stickies led me to not notice it.

Reported it for movement.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 05:49:53 AM »
On second thought, it might look weird to the mods if you ask them to do the opposite of what I asked them to do. We don't want them to feel like they're taking sides in a forum argument.

So I can report those threads for movement on your behalf, if you prefer.

PS: Can somebody with a Myth Weavers account please grab that download for me?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 07:30:13 AM »
I asked the mods to return those two threads to the Resource Collection.

Honestly I'm still not thrilled with having them here, but this really ought to be Tsunami's call.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 02:34:17 AM »
Since I'm a mod now, I guess I can do the move myself...

Sorry for the wait, Tsunami.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2016, 10:52:43 AM »
Gave this page a once-over, fixed some problems that arose over the years. Disabled links, dead sites, that sort of thing.