Author Topic: [CD Spoils] Golden Light  (Read 8546 times)

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: [CD Spoils] Golden Light
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
Could it be a color taken from his sanctum, DR? Not the well, but the genius loci itself?
Does anyone remember what color the eyes of DemonReach were described as in TC?
DV aShorty21 V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP- JB TH++ WG++ CL SW BC++ MC---- SH(Velvet Room+++++,Murphy+++,Sarissa++,Lash+,Lara+,Molly--)

Offline KrelianZG

• Posty McPostington
  • Temporary Catatonic Madman on Occasion
    • View Profile
    • KrelianZG's Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »
Does anyone remember what color the eyes of DemonReach were described as in TC?

TC, chp 36

Its eyes flashed, burning more brightly, sending out tendrils and streams of greenish fire in a nimbus around its head.

Not gold.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »
TC, chp 36

Not gold.
Well there goes that potential clue.
DV aShorty21 V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP- JB TH++ WG++ CL SW BC++ MC---- SH(Velvet Room+++++,Murphy+++,Sarissa++,Lash+,Lara+,Molly--)

Offline big_bear

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »
Well it could be that gold color because of the parasite. She is in Harry's head and since that is where the battle took place it makes sense, to me anyway, that she could participate if she so chose to. That certainly could affect the color of the lights from the runes. Everything else does.

Offline madness

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »
I could see Lasciel being symbolized by a golden light, before her fall, for sure.

Most of the ways that she represented herself to Harry seemed to invoke classical angel themes - even if she was no longer worthy of them.

wizard nelson

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 03:31:07 AM »
Harry clearly states that the protection invested by the amulet is from his faith in magic.  And that magic glows blue.
I have no idea why this is a reply to my statement? I know its blue. Like you say though yea, it glows blue based on his belief in the symbolic pentagram, not as an actual spell, enchantment or drawing on of his wizardly abilities. In a couple books he really goes into detail about it representing magic being mankinds tool to aid them and representing order and control. Harry has faith in little else and says so repeatedly. Calling light and repellin vamps while "magical" to peasants isn't magic as defined in the DV. Harry summons his faith, but rarely summons faith based magic. Faith, love and hope being powers all their own in the DV.

Offline Loganimol

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 04:41:13 AM »
I think it means Harry has reached the upper level, and his mind, body, and soul are one... It was a sacrifice, it took hard work, but its a way of life.

http://youtu.be/PWVhiIisH30
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

Offline macgregor98

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 05:27:45 AM »
Higher Power, or Harry Power.

It was either an infusion of WG, or Starborn "energy" (whatever that is). Any other explanation is a huge stretch IMO.

What about a Higher Harry Power??
You have the rank of

Wizard of the White council

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 34.1%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:61.4%
Social Skills:15.2%
Armed Combat:3.1%
Unarmed Combat:14%

wizard nelson

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 06:35:35 AM »
Well looking at the scene it can't be soulfire because soulfire light is coming from the cracks in the ground. IMO it isn't starborn because thats dark energy. ok quick question then most likeliest resolution, before Harry ever gets lash influenced does his staff glow gold from fire? Likeliest I can think is its a metaphysical representation of harry drawing on his core beliefs. Pentagrams 5 points magically are(IIRC) earth, wind, fire, water, spirit. soulfire-spirit, water-ice, cracked ground-earth, flurry-wind and the gold light-(usually associated with summer/summer flame)fire. His meta-self is representing his beliefs by showing symbolic forces.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 06:37:40 AM »
Well looking at the scene it can't be soulfire because soulfire light is coming from the cracks in the ground. IMO it isn't starborn because thats dark energy. ok quick question then most likeliest resolution, before Harry ever gets lash influenced does his staff glow gold from fire? Likeliest I can think is its a metaphysical representation of harry drawing on his core beliefs. Pentagrams 5 points magically are(IIRC) earth, wind, fire, water, spirit. soulfire-spirit, water-ice, cracked ground-earth, flurry-wind and the gold light-(usually associated with summer/summer flame)fire. His meta-self is representing his beliefs by showing symbolic forces.

Source please. Or is this one of your WAGs?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

wizard nelson

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 07:05:45 AM »
Source please. Or is this one of your WAGs?
WAG, thats the opinion part. IMO starborn status is the result of an undefined cosmic ritual, based on what Lash explains in WN. Seems she's describing the cosmic vending machine of series of events+ confluences of energy equals a can of soda starborn status. Its the closest you can get to outsider born and I believe how walkers are made. hhwbh is the watcher of these things maybe? I only say this because everyone see's the taint on harry, harry assumes its because they dueled. (which shouldn't apply to hhwb4 mentioned in SF) However I found a president for similar hhwbh entity in Kincaid. Harry 'sights' the demon he is, metaphysically. He also see's in his wake(walking behind him sorta) a shadow of the same creature. I say this is the mark of his ancestry, that which came before and follows, Its how scionism translates to the sight.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:16:56 AM by wizard nelson »

Offline Loganimol

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 07:27:22 AM »
I still say it's because Harry is the Last Dragon! Can't believe you guys didn't bite on that video!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

wizard nelson

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »
To add a bit. The very last thing that happens after harry shouts "bring it on!" is a voice, not Harry's voice, shakes the ground and sky making an outsider potentially greater than mab recoil. (he's the cloud) THAT is starborn power manifest. Another BR hint is when harry is changed by redirecting the entropy curse. Thats very similar to meryl slowly getting trollier when channeling her birthright. ripping away part of her humanity(soul damage?) in the process. I think this is why WOJ kincaid has chosen but still retains superhuman ability, reflexes, infrared sight, ect. He tore most of his humanity to bits and changed himself by it but in the end chose humanity, but kept the upgrades and demonic taint, though I imagine he would look different to the sight if he wasn't still a murderous 'human' then you'd only see his shadow, what for Harry is hwwbh.  ??? Its possible whole races of halfborn are made this why. Halfborn because they channeled their power, changing them, but only half of it is ever born.