Author Topic: (Supernatural Grafts) The Stygian Sisterhood, Prosthanos Society And Others  (Read 2131 times)

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Backup Short Story, From Side Jobs
“You know about the Prosthanos Society?” I asked.
“Buncha lunatics in the Baltic region,” Bob replied immediately. “They lop off their bits and pieces and replace them with grafts from inhuman sources. Demons and ghouls and such. Patchwork immortality.”
I nodded. “The Stygian Sisterhood does the same thing—only with their psyches instead of with their physical bodies. They slice out the parts of their human personalities they don’t want, and replace them with pieces torn from inhuman minds.”

Anybody got any ideas on how to do this? I think playing somebody who does the Stygian Sisterhood thing would be interesting as hell.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Like a focused practitioner with the Aspect, "Restraints are for suckers."  I mean, really, removing parts of your own psyche you find irrelevant or limiting?  Heck, it sounds like a low-powered version of Maeve from Summer Knight.

Yeah, this is rather flip and I didn't give it as much thought as I could have, but...
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline S1C0

• Conversationalist
  • Don't worry about it.
    • View Profile
try demonic co pilot for starters then law breaker for the mind messing and the binding of other creatures bits
aspects are a must for this obviously, i think then that the mimic abilitys and form would add a cool package ( i think )
Vae Victus

Offline crusher_bob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Thing I can think of:

A stunt or minor power related to resisting mind control and mental attacks.
Most sorts of mind control are for human targets, and your mind now has awesome improved bits stuck on where all those human weaknesses used to be.

A purely mental beast change.
Always wanted to do better in negotiation, but having trouble with your hunger for blood getting out of hand? Now you can swap in some new mental software and only want to kill your foes and drink their blood after the talky bits are done!

Or just some stunts or powers related to you being a really good method actor.  Or, at least, you've eaten the brains of some pretty good method actors, and you've been itching to try out your new acting skills.

A stunt or minor power to improve the sight/make resisting it easier.
"I used to have trouble looking at things like that, but now that I see the same sort of thing in the mirror, I find it's not so much of a problem anymore."

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
^I wouldn't actually give the mental protection.

(click to show/hide)
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
^I wouldn't actually give the mental protection.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline S1C0

• Conversationalist
  • Don't worry about it.
    • View Profile
so where do the get their new mental wobbly bits anyway people or "other"
Vae Victus