Author Topic: Campaign idea - "On The Run"  (Read 2462 times)

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
Re: Campaign idea - "On The Run"
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »
I dunno. The thing about big cities is they're big. Lots of places to hide. Lots of people who might be willing to hide you. Lots of non-people who might be willing to hide you for a price.

Seattle has two Wardens, sure--but it's got upwards of 600,000 other people in it too, and it's 142.5 square miles. That's a lot of urban jungle to get lost in.

Good point.  Although in our particular campaign one of the Wardens has the Ghost Speaker power a Contacts skill of 4 and an Aspect of "Eyes and Ears Everywhere". That would make it harder in our particular iteration of the Emerald City as the group would have to hide themselves from spirits as well. 

I do think that City Creation can still be utilized by the group for this kind of game.  Just consider your city "the road". 
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
Re: Campaign idea - "On The Run"
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 11:29:24 PM »
That's exactly what I'm planning! Right down to the name.

The setting is "The Road," and there'll be generic locations (seedy motels, roadside bars), story-arc-specific locations (Creepy Gas Station, State Troopers' Station), and recurring locations (Favourite Bar, Bob's Truck Stop).

So far out of my 6 players we've got a Focused Practitioner who specializes in crafting magic items (the current plan is that one of his creations was used to break one of the Laws of Magic and that's why the Wardens are chasing them), a Minor Talent with Psychometry and Cassandra's Tears, a Changeling grifter, and a Native American who may be a Were-Form or just a Pure Mortal with really high Lore.