Author Topic: Thaumaturgy Creating Evocation Effects  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
Thaumaturgy Creating Evocation Effects
« on: March 05, 2013, 04:44:46 PM »
I think I'm having a lapse in logic here (could be the number crunching for work and new NPCs), but isn't there a note that some effects of Evocation can be implemented via Thaumaturgy, just with longer times?

For example, altering the weather, having a lightning bolt strike a spot, applying force to a sattelite to crash into the Earth, etc?

I ask since I had an NPC performing a "ritual" to strike at a ship the party was on (they noticed it and disrupted it before it went off entirely), and the after effects consisted of green fire exploding out, some on the ship, a bunch to consume the caster. I was doing it as Thaumaturgy because I thought I saw that somewhere, but figured I'd check before my players decide to ask about it at next game.
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Thaumaturgy Creating Evocation Effects
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:29 PM »
You might be thinking of the note at the end of page 265.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:43 PM »
Thaumaturgy sounds right for what you describe, yeah, and as Sanctaphrax noted, this is discussed on p. 265. Specifically, this example would fall under Transformation and Disruption as per p. 282.

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:27:56 PM »
Ah-ha! Thanks for confirming I'm not entirely mad and pointing out the page numbers; I was looking in the wrong place.
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden