Author Topic: So I have to ask...  (Read 2131 times)

Offline MisterJailer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
So I have to ask...
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:20:57 AM »
What's the weirdest thing that's come up in your game? We've got a were-Flying Squirrel, who is socially a stoner millionaire, but throws himself into combat like a barbarian.

Magicpockets

Re: So I have to ask...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »
My character got friendzoned by a White Court Vampire.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »
The party is trying to convince the local county police that they are the Men In Black and that those vampires and ghouls they're fighting are really aliens, continually coming to Earth and forming the basis for those legends.  They claim to use special UFO nanotechnology reverse-engineered from the Roswell incident, point out that many things break down when UFO nanotechnology is used (cue wizard) and that the werebear in the party is a friendly alien sent to Earth to help out.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:02:04 AM »
My players once planned to turn a fire-truck into an anti-vampire (mostly Red Court) weapon of war. The intent involved having it spray holy water, a Summer Magic powered mirror projecting sunlight on top, a few machineguns firing blessed ammo, and some heavy armoring. The game ended before this quite became a reality but it was a serious plan, with people rolling to acquire the fire-truck and starting to set up the rest. They were going to name it 'Buffy'.

I...had no good arguments why this wasn't both workable and a potentially effective strategy.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »
One of my players devised a plan that involved his wizard calling a dog (a temple dog, but still) to ask for directions, shortly after the group was jumped by the Ninja Turtles in Faerie.

That same dog apparently has a better credit rating in the Faerie Market than said wizard.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Mr. Ghostbuster

• Conversationalist
  • Jimbassador to the United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »
Character robbed a post office in a sort of throw-away bid for fate points. Three sessions later the GM surprised all of us by having a postal inspector show up to arrest him. The postal inspector nearly arrested everyone when he got hit by a holy water balloon thrown by a Warden paranoid about Red Court vampires. The first character escaped and showed up later disguised as a woman.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:21:59 PM by Mr. Ghostbuster »
DV Warden of Iowa City 1.0 YR4 FR(M)1 BK+++ RP JB++ TH+ WG++ CL+ SW BC+ MC---- FF+ SH++[Murphy+++ Lara+ Gard+ Molly-]

Hi. I'm the future director of The Dresden Files movie. Wink.

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
There is a small town outside of Austin, Tx called Hutto whose local football team is called the Hutto Hippos. Around the city, you will find these cement hippo statues (mostly outside of businesses and govt buildings). My players were trying to stop a meeting between a Warden and a Seelie fae. The fae helped create the statues. She had apparently turned some of the statues into guardians that she summoned up to kill the party. Yep, giant ward hound hippos.

I also had a herd of deer become demon possessed and attack the party. They still have nightmares about that one.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:36:38 PM by bobjob »
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Magickal_Grenadier

• Participant
  • Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 02:16:46 AM »
Two words. Zombie. Squirrels.
My Dresden Files purity rating is 43%

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
  • Actually just a jar full of bees attached to a CPU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 02:46:25 AM »
Oh god, that's ingenious. Give them the Drone power linked to some kind of crystal ball, and you've got a scrying and early warning system disguised as vermin. And being swarmed by zombie squirrels would terrify the most resolute of heroes.
Hi! My home is called an apiary! I collect honey, and defend the Queen!

Not-so-secretly a power hungry megalomaniac with a Modular Abilities addiction.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 03:05:05 AM »
There are fossilized squirrel-like critters from millions of years ago. How hardcore would that be? I'm envisioning Monty Python and the Holy Grail only with a squirrel instead of a rabbit and a drumbeat in the background...

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 03:06:53 AM »
That's...kinda awesome Dead...

"RUN AWAY!"

Offline GryMor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 03:24:32 AM »
Here in Puget Sound, we had a 'competition' (one of the antagonist's monitoring systems) between undead Seagulls and a semi-uplifted Seagull hive mind (one of the PCs monitoring/storage systems).

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »
Two words. Zombie. Squirrels.
We had something similar (necromantic artifact just reviving everything dead nearby), which lead to the first quote in my signature.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast