Author Topic: Relations between Summer Court and Black Court  (Read 14320 times)

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Relations between Summer Court and Black Court
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2013, 09:04:33 PM »
Hey MagicPockets, What are your skills? As in what are you stated at for them. You could make a couple declarations and easily get everyone on your side. For instance a rapport declaration to say that you saw this BCV with other people when she is supposed to love the Werewolf. or a deciet declaration to say that this BCV is planning on wiping out all the RCV's and thier Infecteds.

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 09:21:11 PM »
Hey MagicPockets, What are your skills? As in what are you stated at for them. You could make a couple declarations and easily get everyone on your side. For instance a rapport declaration to say that you saw this BCV with other people when she is supposed to love the Werewolf. or a deciet declaration to say that this BCV is planning on wiping out all the RCV's and thier Infecteds.
You may have missed the earler post he made.  Apparantly the GM doesn't want the outcome to be decided by dice rolls.  Which in my opinion is bogus, when a group can't agree on a path the dice are exactly what should decide things.

From the sound of it the GM has basically hamstrung the players.  Forcing them to either all agree one way or the other.  Or the GM will make an executive decision and go with majority rules.  Which again in my opinion, defeats the entire purpose of playing.

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 09:26:14 PM »
Absolutely.

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 10:20:40 PM »
You may have missed the earler post he made.  Apparantly the GM doesn't want the outcome to be decided by dice rolls.  Which in my opinion is bogus, when a group can't agree on a path the dice are exactly what should decide things.

From the sound of it the GM has basically hamstrung the players.  Forcing them to either all agree one way or the other.  Or the GM will make an executive decision and go with majority rules.  Which again in my opinion, defeats the entire purpose of playing.

Yea I did note this, and I think it is stupid. If there are any updates ont his game I would love to hear em MP

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »
Yea, we all want to know how this one gets resolved.

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 12:15:41 AM »
Has your character mentioned overhearing  that the blamp was the one leading the attacks against the venatori?

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 05:32:04 AM »
Choo choo choo choo choo choo choo choo... ;D
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 05:45:27 AM »
What's that? A train? It must be coming down this railroad

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 05:52:25 AM »
Sounds like Magicpocket is about to get railed.

Magicpockets

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
Tomorrow is our next session. I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline gantrakk

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »
A quick one on the genocide angle. I suggest asking your fellow players if they have moral objections to the use of antibiotics or bleach, just think of all those tiny lives they are expunging from the world with there genocidal ways. I really don't think they know what a black court vampire is, it needs to kill regularly to "live" just existing automatically makes it a mass murderer and habitually mind fries people, the bubonic plague should be a more sympathetic character.

Offline Jack B

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »
A couple of points:

1) It's all in the language.  Genocide is a loaded term.  Extermination actually fits the situation better since blamps are not alive in the first place (and nobody is insulting them by calling them politicians). 

(From dictionary.com)

gen·o·cide
[jen-uh-sahyd] Show IPA
noun
the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

ex·ter·mi·nate
[ik-stur-muh-neyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), ex·ter·mi·nat·ed, ex·ter·mi·nat·ing.
to get rid of by destroying; destroy totally; extirpate: to exterminate an enemy; to exterminate insects.

2) I've never heard of an arms dealer not wanting two or more parties to go to war.  War is when the profits shoot sky high (pun intended)

3) In the vein of Leveki's comment earlier, if your character has any ranks in scholarship, use it to make a declaration that Catherine is having an affair with a werehorse since a mere werewolf can't cut it.  (google Catherine the Great and Horse to see the historical context and have fun with the widespread rumour of the cause of her death).

4) This situation seems like what social combat is designed for.  It's a shame that the GM isn't willing to go that route.

5) Although it's never happened to me in DFRPG, I have had a few campaigns derail at some point and devolved into inter-party violence.  They may stir up the blood but, as long as no real-life friendships are jeopardized, they can be fun and make quite a story.  In fact some of them are my more vivid gaming memories even if we had to start a new campaign shortly after.

6) When in doubt, follow the old Military Engineering Axiom: "There is no situation in the human condition that cannot be solved through a properly sized, shaped, packed, placed, timed, and detonated charge of high explosive!"  ;D

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »
Also the difficulty of solving any problem is inverse the to size of the explosion.

Also, if it does come to blows don't forget that with concessions and take outs no one actually has to die.

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 08:37:52 PM »
I find that the Fate System is so wildly flexible that this shouldn't even have been an issue...if not for the GM that is...

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 08:39:19 PM »
I think pretty much everyone on the forum has agreed about that already.  Time to quit griping about it though.  Just be glad it's not our game.