Author Topic: Relations between Summer Court and Black Court  (Read 14311 times)

Dr.FunLove

Re: Relations between Summer Court and Black Court
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
@123456789blaaa
Yea, and I fully understand that is what Butcher believes but as a player in that sand-box and as a human being that lives in a world that is appears to be extremely relative, I don't buy into it. In-game, it really depends on the character, but looking on the outside I just don't jive with it.

Butcher is entitled to his belief structure and to write on it. Doesn't mean we all have to like it! I read the Dresden Files despite his moral and religious musings because they're fun action romps that have good internal continuity and utilize mythology in a fun and interesting way for the most part.

I also agree about all the cartoon "evil". People can be dick-bags without breaking it down into a black and white argument. Butcher clearly doesn't think that way though. It's cool.

@Hick Jr.
That is pure gold sir.

@Mr. Death
Sounds awesome!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:08:11 AM by Dr.FunLove »

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2013, 01:54:17 AM »
You had to spend fate points to get visions that coerced you into doing something neither you nor your character wanted to do?

Pardon my language, but that's bullshit.

I think maybe your GM misunderstands just what Cassandra's Tears is supposed to do. It's visions of the future, yes, but visions that nobody else believes. It should have been a monumentally difficult task for your character to convince the others that any of those things were true.

This is what I was trying to get to.  It's supposed to complicate your life - give you FP's and put an aspect on the world that can be compelled and tagged at the appropriate moments so that things get pointed to what happens in the vision.  It's a rail-road tool, I suppose, but it requires that PC's get compelled constantly if their motivations are counter to the visions.  Also, as Blackstaff pointed out, when you try to explain the visions people say, "yeah whatever, there, crazy guy."

It actuallymight be fitting for your character to have not done what his character thought he should do.  He got confused by the visions, had doubts about his original instincts,  "What!  Maybe the BCV isn't so bad?"   But man, you should've gotten a FP for every "concession" you made.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:16:46 AM by Taran »

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2013, 04:10:09 AM »
Yea, spending three of your fate points to go along with what everyone else wanted is the stupidest thing Ihave ever heard. You should show your group this conversation. Beck have your GM post his rational, because I would really like to hear it.